DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

There's many questions and answers regarding new puppies, but not on rehomes. Help! I can't seem to find information on what to ask a breeder regarding rehomes. I've already spoken to April @ Cliberdoodles, she's great and wealth of info, but I'd like a different perspective. Besides going through the breeder questionnaire, does anyone have any suggestions? If anyone adopted from Cliberdoodles could you contact me? I'm strongly considering (90% sure) on adopting a rehome from Cliberdoodles. I'm very excited and emotional, never done this before, and want to make sure I'm making a reasonable decision. I'm adopting without visiting the breeder and without meeting Him! He lives in Michigan and I live in San Diego. Worried if I mention my potential pup, someone else on this site might snag him, so you understand my dilemma! He's an F1B labradoodle and is 9 months old. There appears to be no criteria nor tips on ALAA nor IALAA on rehomes. Could someone help? Costs for him: $1300 with $450 air transport. If I purchase his own flight I could get the transport down to $265. Any suggestions from anyone who purchased and arranged the air transport themselves rather than the breeder?

Views: 226

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good answer Trina! I have not puchased a pup from April, but from my interaction with her on here..............I would adopt one of her pups in a heart beat :)
Hi Doe,
Congratulations & join many if not most of us who haven't seen our Doodles before we picked them up or arrived at the airport. If no one has suggested it yet, go to IDOG Rescue & Rehome (that's not quite the address but go to IDOG first). They handle many R&Rs and some people here have adopted Doodles through them. I don't know April, Cliberdoodles, either but had my sister-in-law & her step-daughter go to a romp April organized & they were very impressed. You just need to know what your needs, then wants are in a Doodle. I'm in SD so if you want to talk on the phone, e-mail me privately and I can give you my phone# for this afternoon--Suzanne at TeamHulett dot com. SD Suz on DK with pics of my girls.
I adopted my puppy from April Cliber 16 months ago. It was the best thing I've done. Highly recommend her and her home. Abby also stayed with them for a week when we had to go out of town. I never had to be worried my dog wasnt safe and loved. I still call her with updates on Abby. They are a wonderful dog-loving family and all the dogs live inside in a very clean home
Thanks so much to all of you! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the feedback that you've given me....it is priceless! I did go through a breeder evaluation questionnaire and April answered almost all of them to my satisfaction. Trina, thanks so much for the question regarding "why his previous owners are giving him up?" Such an obvious question that I failed to ask. Suzanne, I'll drop you an email and then we can go from there. The question I had was regarding "minimal shedding" with an F1B. How much is "minimal" i.e. hair that is on your clothes, hands, just when you brush? I'm an asthmatic and so is my boyfriend, and we are allergic to animal dander.
Unfortunately not. After going back and forth with phone calls with April (breeder of Cliberdoodles) and speaking to JudyO parent to one of Winston's sibs, Paulie, I've decided to adopt Winston! He's won my heart with his eyes and that face! "Minimal shedding" appears to be truly "minimal to none, " according to April and "none" according to Judy, so I trust that. I have no doubt in my mind that "any" shedding would be manageable. Thanks again for your response!
Along the lines of what Jenel says below...THAT would be the ABSOLUTE ONLY concern I'd have with an out of sight adoption. I've heard of some breeders taking a hair and saliva sample (on a q-tip) and putting it in a ziplock back and mailing it so the buyer could rub it on his/her skin and see if there is a response. DO NOT know how accurate this is.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service