DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe I figure that you all can understand how I feel.  This morning I let my 2 goldendoodles outside to play and when I called them back in, I couldn't find them.  We have 6 acres WAY off the road and the only cleared area is immediately around the house.  The dogs have a couple favorite spots so I went looking and found Webster but not Charlotte.  Charlotte is only 9 wks old and she is missing.  I have been searching since 9am and my legs literally ache from the amount of walking I have been doing.  My 2 kids, my parents, my sister and 3 other doodles have been searching with me.  Now my husband is home from work and he is searching until dark (it's 5:30).  We've talked with all the neighbors, driven the local subdivision, called animal control, checked craigslist, and posted a sign.  I'm feeling hopeless and miserable.  I just lost my grandma and Charlotte went with me to Mich for the funeral - puppy comfort, you know.  If you have a doodle puppy, please give him/her a hug for me.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I lost a dog once while traveling. She was lost at JFK by airline personnel who dropped her carrier from the plane and it broke. She was spooked and ran out to the runway area. She was found by someone and turned into the shelter. They called me and the airlines shipped her home to me. It was a horrible week for my kids and I as I never thought I would see her again. Keep hope.
Jennifer...
I am so sorry to hear about Charlotte...
I will be praying that you will find her...and waiting to hear that good report!
Hugs and Prayers from Sasha and me...
Oh NO! Jen! I am so sorry I will be praying for poor Charlotte. She is one of our own... after all we helped name her! Don't know if you're religious or what religion you are, but I will be Praying to St. Francis for you - patron saint of animals!!!! I will be following for sure! HUGS and lots of DOODLE KISSES! Glad you can find some comfort here knowing we will all be worrying with you! Love the idea of the clothing and food in the yard and surrounding area!
Shelly, I just said my prayer to St. Francis for her, I think it's someone we forget to pray to for our animals, Thank you for the reminder :-)
YOUR WELCOME! DeniseOur church always does the blessing of the animals on his feast day in October... This is one we don't like to miss... God knows Tori needs all the blessings she can get! I'm praying it works for poor Charlotte!
Taquito and Peri wear St. Francis charms on their collars.
I am so sorry to hear this news.... I pray for Charlotte's safe return....
Hoping and praying that little Charlotte is home soon. I know you must be frantic, try and stay positive and believe in your heart she will be ok and be back in your arms soon. Doodle Hugs from Donna and Quincy
I am so sorry Jennifer, my heart is just breaking for all of you. Don't give up hope there have been many happy ending's in situations like this. If I was closer I would come to help you. You are in my prayers {{HUGS}}
I was thinking about this post all morning and I am not Catholic, but my friend, always prays to St. Anthony whenever she loses something. She swears it works, so it is worth a try, I think. I was so hoping to log on this morning and see that Charlotte has been found. Hopefully, today will bring good news.
Jennifer, we are sending bunches of paws-ative thoughts your way.
Thanks so much to everyone - you don't know how nice it feels to have a group of people who understand the love we feel for our dogs. I do feel like you all were a part of our experience with Charlotte, I guess that's why I was so drawn to let you know what happened.
I'm afraid there is no good news and we don't think there will be good news. My husband visited the neighbors last night and one neighbor told him that he had seen a coyote about to pounce on a small dog he was taking care of - only 20 feet from his back porch! We don't live in a rural area but most people have 5 acre lots and we all look out for each other and our pets. We NEVER thought a coyote would be a threat!!! There is still a small chance that she wandered up to someone's house, they will see our signs and give us a call, but, to be honest, we don't think that will happen. It was less then an hour from the time I let her out and the time I went out looking for her. Along with Webster, my mom's doodle and my sister's doodle scoured the property and I don't think they would have missed anything (they found all sorts of poop, a bunch of frogs and even a turtle).
As I was searching our property, I thought of the parents who lose their children and have to search for them. We love Charlotte but there are so many worse things that can happen to a family - made me thank God for His protection of my loved ones. Charlotte was such a good puppy that we have decided that, if we don't find her, we do want another puppy :-)
Thanks again for all the love, I wish I could meet you all in person!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service