DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Just curious about how big Chloe-doodle might get to be.  She is only 23 lbs. at 4 mos., so I am guessing that she will be med.-sized.  Anyone have an educated guess?  Of course we'll love her if she turns into a horse, but it doesn't appear she is headed in that direction!

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Generally I've read dogs will double what they weigh at 4 months.. So I would guess about 45lbs?

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2108&aid=1068
Rule of thumb on here is 4 month weight doubled, plus UP TO 10 lbs. So that would be around 50-56 lbs. My girls if I remember right were 23 and 24 lbs at 4 months. They ended up at 54 and 67 lbs. So one was in the ball park and the other got a little bigger.
I heard the "rule of thumb" was 2 times puppy's weight at 4 mos. and add up to 10 lbs (probably more like 5 lbs for mini's). So, based on that, Chole-doodle might be 46 to 56 lbs. When I got my first Doodle in September of 2007, she was 4 mos. old and weighed 24lbs. At 14 mos. she weighed 55lbs.
The 'rule' doesn't apply to the smaller doods. Plus the smaller doodles mature faster - they stop growing at about 8 months. My guess is that Chloe will be a medium. It is a actually more height that determines size classification.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service