DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does anyone know of a good groomer in Connecticut? I have two multigenerational labradoodles, one is a wooly coat and the other fleece. I have brought them to several groomers, who just shave them down. I brush both of them as much as possible, and it seems the fleece coat (Suzie Q.) tends to mat more, but that might be because she likes the water a lot. People tell me, well, you need to comb down to the skin, which I know. And others tell me that a groomer won't spend that much time on one dog. I would pay a reasonble fee for someone's time, I just don't want them saved down to their skin!!! Anyone had any luck with someone? Thanks!

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cindy,
I am a part time groomer in CT near New Haven. Where are you?

I can tell you from my experience, it is VERY hard to keep most Doodle coats mat free. Any good groomer won't let a matted dog leave their shop because matting is painful for dogs and hours of brushing hurts.

I keep my Doods clipped fairly short because they like to swim and play and I would rather spend 3 hours a week playing than brushing. :)

If you are willing to take a ride, maybe we can meet and I can show you proper brushing/combing techniques.

Good Luck,
Holly
Brush them EVERY day...right down to the skin with a slicker brush.....especially after play dates and water...I too have had to embrace the horror....ugh!...It's the ONLY way to prevent matting.....

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service