DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

You know you're a crazy doodle owner when in the morning on the way to work at 7:30-ish you spot a couple walking their dogs and you hope that one of them is a doodle (just for the heck of it!).

You know you're a crazy doodle owner when after you actually see both dogs you are SURE one of them IS a doodle just because it's curly (but it had a long fan tail so what else could it have been?)

You know you're a crazy doodle owner when after you decide it WAS a doodle you contemplate turning around to find out.

And then...you make a U-turn and roll down your windows as you approach.

And then...the story goes like this:

Me: Hi!

Man (whose wife is ahead with their other dog) turns around and looks quizzically at me.

Me: What kind of dog is that?

Man: "It's a goldendoo..."

Me (probably interrupting him, most certainly disturbing him): I have two labradoodles! Oh and I have a website. For Doodle Owners. It's called Doodle Kisses dot com. Not that many people on there from Walla Walla. But lots from all over the nation. You should stop by.

Man: "He's 7 months old."

Me: He's beautiful! *smile* Well thank you. Don't forget to stop by DoodleKisses.com!

Then I realize I'm driving down a VERY narrow alley way and get really self-conscious. As I pass his wife, the sun is in my eyes and I can't see her very well and sheepishly peep out a little "Hi" to her as I go on my merry way.

Of course now I'm mortified. DH* thoroughly enjoyed rolling his eyes at my story when I got home. The worst part is this is not the first time I've done this. Way before Doodle Kisses, on my way to work I spotted a doodle being walked by a couple. Slowed down my car (it was a red light so I could) and shouted out the passenger window: IS THAT A GOLDEN--- (leaving the -doodle part off just in case I was wrong). Sure enough it was a goldendoodle they confirmed. SO then I proceeded to shout back "Cool! I have two labradoodles, we should get together!!!!"--completely serious about my proposal to the couple. And then consequently completely embarrassed.

You never hear people with boxers run into each other and practically invite each other on dates just because they happen to own the same breed! OMG...YOU have a boxer too??? No Way! Me too! We MUST get together, this is amazing!

So anyone else want to add on to this?

You KNOW You're a Crazy Doodle Owner WHEN...

*For those new to internet/doodle forums "DH" stands for "Dear Husband" (or other less nice things depending upon how dear your husband was most recently). "DW" stands for Dear Wife. "DS" = dear son...etc..

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

..... when you go on doodlekisses at work just to show everyone the how cute doodles are.... and your coworkers think you might be a touch crazy and they are sick of hearing about doodle anything.
Every day

or you Mother is on vacation and sees a doodle stops to talk to the people just to show off her doodle grand-dog and ask if they know me from myspace. My Mom is a Crazy Doodle Grandma.
Oh how funny. This past 4th of July, my son and I were on vacation in Wildwood N.J.. Coco had to vacation at Auntie Paula's (poor thing). It was like I was looking for my Doddle Fix. You know there were tons of dogs with their owners...however, it was like the only dogs I would even acknowledged were the doddles. There was one , (wished I would of taken it's picture), had the most spectular dreadlocks..
Want to know whats really scary...I couldn't even tell you about guy who was walking the Doodle.
DonnaJean
Adina, I know exactly what you mean. I am constantly on the lookout for other doodles. (Now, I must admit I also did this with our Weimaraner as I didn't run into a lot of them).

I
Last week-end whilst out walking with F,BDitW we stumbled across not one but two other doodles and had an impromptu doodle convention there and then! Great fun. So refreshing to hear Yes, she is a doodle! Rather than the usual slightly offended, Actually he's a Portuguese Water Dog, in response to my over enthusiastic - Oh a doodle, a doodle! I invited both to DoodleKisses...Weetabix from Copper Canyon? If you're out there, please contant Mother Ship! (Ps. For those new to doodle forums, F,BDitW stands for; Finn, Best Dog in the World).
the way I found out about getting my Paddington was because I knew before I got out of the car that the couple at Rita's Ice Cream was holding a doodle. I told my mom and my mother said, "NO WAY"...well of course I had to ask, seeing how we were on the prowl for a good breeder....and sure enough Sydney was a doodle and we took down the name of the breeder they used and well here we are 3 weeks later owning a sweet lovable guy! it was grand!

I'm glad I'm crazy and outgoing enough to find out !:) I hope I can find other doodles to hook up with in my area, but for now we're playing with some Golden Retreiver pups. :)
When you tell the clerk in the pet store that you know the doodles on the front of the greeting card you are buying and that one of your doodles is a half sibling!! That's when you KNOW you're a Crazy Doodle Owner!!!
Or if your in a store and you see a doodle cut out and you ask if you could buy it. Sadly no.... so I took a picture.

LOL--that's hilarious.
LOL we do this all the time. I even have my DH trained to spot doodles. LOL

Jan and the girls
http://www.thefineartcafe.com
I am slightly hesitant to put my craziness into print. It might actually make it real. Needless to say I have heard more than once “Your obsessed”. Then I have to say “no I’m not” But I think we all know I am... maybe we all are. At least we are together.
I know! I don't carry pictures but between the outside of my office door and the inside of my office I have that covered! My husband is always asking why HIS picture is not on my office door or IN my office.
"You know You're a Crazy Doodle Owner, when..." The only pictures on your cell phone are Doodles. Even the screen saver.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service