DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We got Ollie about a week ago, and he seems to be shedding already, He's a F1B accor
 is just some puppy shedding because I have asthma, which is why I was in search of a "hypoallergenic breed" This is my first time with a doodle, so other than the research I did before purchasing the puppy I'm kinda flying blind as far as what kind of coat he has. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me determine his coat type if I post a few pictures. He's super cute and smart, and a little ornery, and he even seems to be catching on to the potty training thing 

Views: 716

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ginny makes a good point.  I have an ALD who does not shed at all, yet he was relinquished by his original owners to DRC because the Mom had such a severe asthma attack that she ended up in the hospital ER a few days after they brought him home. 

This is true. My daughter was allergic to Annabelle's puppy saliva. She would break out in hives if Annabelle licked her. Now that Annabelle is an adult, my daughter doesn't break out in hives when licked. Maybe there is some protein in the puppy saliva that isn't there as an adult.

The proteins that cause an allergic response are the same in both the saliva and the dander. (That's why they can do DNA testing from blood, saliva, semen, hair, skin cells, etc. All the same.) In the case of dog allergies, it's a protein called KNF1, and it's present to a greater or lesser degree in different breeds and different dogs. 

What a cute puppy!  My F1 goldendoodle shed a little bit when we brought him home at 8 weeks.  I would see little hairs all over the black bottom to his crate.  Now at 15+ months he is barely a shedder.  Nothing in his crate anymore, not much around the house.  But I do get a fair amount out when I brush him.  He is a mixture of wavy and curly (more wavy though).

I had no idea that you could be allergic to the saliva, it will be interesting to see how things go as he gets bigger, although I think I will end up his g-ma as opposed to his mommy. Thanks so much for all of this information, you guys are amazing. Here's another picture of our little dude, I think he's already getting that cute doodle face.

He is so cute.  His bed looks comfy.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service