DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I wanted to start a little post on these two adorable doodles that are available for re-home through the DRC.  They are a brother/sister pair that truly would like to stay together.  The back story on these two is near and dear to me and I so want to see them go to a wonderful family that will show them the true doodle life they deserve.

They belong to a family that lives around the corner from us.  We can see their house and the doodles from our back yard.  Two weeks after we brought Lucy and Sophie home I looked out across the back yard and here were these two little puppies running through their front yard.  They looked exactly like Lucy and Sophie.  We had just moved into the neighborhood a couple months prior and had not met these neighbors but of course I had to run over and say are those Doodles.  As soon as I saw little Shadow up close I knew exactly where they came from as I had spoken to that breeder about Sadie and I saw Shadows photo on their website.  He had a little white spot on his chest.  We ended up going to another breeder or Sadie would have been ours.

Anyway, long story short, one child ended up allergic and Shadow and Sadie were moved outside where they have lived for the last 5 years.  If a doodle has to live outside, they were living in outside luxury, but none the less they were outside.  That aside they are the sweetest most loving doodles ever.  Shadow is a big boy, weighing in at 137 lbs.  Sadie has completely stolen my heart.  If Mike had his way they would both now be living in our house (along with Honey), but a house can only hold so many doodles or should a say a checkbook can only handle so many doodles!  Shadow loves to fetch but Sadie won't leave your side long enough to go fetch.  She would rather have belly rubs.  They both just drop at your feet for belly rubs.  When Mike and I go over they will be getting belly rubs from us and all of a sudden they do a switch and trade places for more belly rubs.  They have gorgeous coats.  I've never seen a hair on me after being over there playing with them.  Their coats are not matted.  They just don't seem to come with any of the baggage that so many of our re-homedoodles do.  They will walk on a leash, they sit, they will kennel up as he calls it when he wants them in their big pen.  They are just wonderful doodles.  Their owners have been considering this for awhile now, but he recently started a new job and is living away through the week right now so they have decided they need to put their selfish desires to keep them aside and think about what is best for Shadow and Sadie.  They will get a new home but they will be inside doodles getting all the belly rubs they can stand.

If anyone knows anyone looking for a pair of doodles, please have them consider Shadow and Sadie! 

(I don't want to turn this into a conversation about doodles living outside, I just want to try and find a home for them together).  I love them like my own and have watched them grow up.  When we first lost Sophie every time we walked past their house Lucy pulled to try and go in the drive way back to where they were.  She had never done that before.  So we started letting her go back and say hello.

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer any that I can.  Like I said, I just really want them to be able to stay together if at all possible!

Views: 7084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Brenda.  Fingers crossed.  That would be perfect if we could find someone close. 

Do you think they will adopt to being inside dogs? 5 years outside is a long time..
Lisa

Lisa -- I honestly think they are going to love being insid

We are still looking for the perfect home in which to place these two adorable doodles.  If you are on FB if you wouldn't mind sharing their link that would be great.  You never know who may be looking for a wonderful pair of doodles.  Here is their Petfinder page.  You can share to FB right from there.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26958227?rvp=1

Sheri, how do I share it?  I hit "like" and usually that brings it up on my FB page and I can share but nothing's happening.  Do I have to hit "follow?"  I don't want to follow pet finder.  I just want to post these guys and share it out to my friends. (I know, I'm a FB "failure")  Thanks.

When I clicked "LIKE" it brought up a box for me to add my comments and then click post to facebook.

Thanks. That's what usually happens.  I'll try again :)

Do you know if they have been rehomed yet? They are tugging at my heart.

They still need a new home. :(

This makes me so sad......

Me too.  I wish they could come to me down here is SC.  I would keep them  happy as long as they need until we could find a great home.  

Just a reminder if you guys haven't done so already, please share this on your Facebook pages.    You never know who might see it that is looking for a pair of doodles.  Just with the fosters I've personally had here in Ohio I've had people comes from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin to pick them up.  When it is right, distance doesn't matter. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service