DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an F1B medium Goldendoodle.  I picked a goldendoodle because they are super cute, low shedding, temperment - gets along with children, other dogs, strangers etc.  I realize socialization will help with them getting along with others and I'll play a huge role in that.  My 3 year old St-Bernard has bone cancer and I'm heart broken, but I can see that probably within the next month I will have to let him go.  I would like to avoid health problems as much in the futre so I was thinking I should buy from a reputable breeder, not a backyard breeder like my St-Bernard, and not a puppy mill, etc.  Would a breeder consider bone cancer a genetic defect?  I saw lots of places have the hips, elbows and eyes tested, and I feel more comfortable buying from places that have done some health testing.

I am near Montreal Quebec, but I don't see any goldendoodle breeders here.  I'm willing to go to pretty much anywhere in southern Ontario to get a puppy.  Although this means I might not see the place until I actually go to pick up my puppy.  If someone has a suggestion, or recommendation of who to avoid, can they please send me a private email (as per the rules)?  I was looking at Doodlelane and Red Stables, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for your help,

Natasha

Views: 1810

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahh! Maybe I should switch to labradoodles...  I'll start doing some more research.  Thanks for the info.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service