DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have been looking at other goldendoodle forums on the web and I'm shocked at  how mean people can be about this breed. What is it about the Doodles that get people all riled up ?. It's a little scary..lol I wanted to post on some of these forums but was too afraid that they would eat me up and spit me out! I figure I don't know enough to defend myself.. I am curious, what do you say to people who are blatantly rude  to you? I know one thing though..I skedaddled out of there quickly and came running back here lol

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Laurie!

There are a lot of people out there who seem to feel very strongly that crossbreeding dogs, or creating "designer dogs" to use their term, is either irresponsible (because of the characteristics of the breeds being crossed) or a corruption of the purebred lines or both.

Cosmo is an Australian Labradoodle, and I know that his breeder and others like her are working to establish a unique and sound breed of companion animals. I have owned and loved four poodles and two other poodle-crosses in my life. Poodles are wonderful dogs, but I also think that what they contribute to labradoodles, goldendoodles, cockapoos, and peke-a-poos makes for wonderful dogs, too.

I just ignore the haters out there--nothing I can say can change their minds. I know that our doodles are very special dogs, and they are lovable and well loved! What more could you ask for?

Nothing Elizabeth! You said it all! They are the best dogs and the most loving I have ever seen.  When we took Libby to her first training it was very obvious the trainer was not fond of Labradoodles.  It hurt my feelings.

Lonnie my trainer at Mojo's puppy kindergarten was not fond of Labradoodles either and made some hurtful remarks. It became obvious within 30 minutes that Mojo was smarter, sweeter and better behaved than the other 7 puppies and by the end of the class he won her over. At first I was really upset because we signed up online and in the sign-up form it asked what kind of dog and if she had issues she should not have taken my money.

There are lots of mean people out there Laurie, DK is the only place I like :) and everyone is sooooo helpful.  As far as the debate mutts vs. pure breed dogs.... its all in the persons opinion.  I respect other people's opionions whether they are the same or different as mine regarding this subject.  All I know is that my two doodles are the best two doodles for me = we complete each other - LOL.  I could care less whether they have papers, mixed breed, mutts or what ever else you want to call them.  All  know is they love me and I love them unconditionally !!!!!   I only wish humans can love the way dogs do.. this world would be in a much better place because a dog's love shows no prejudice. 

Many people have been rude and mean to me after buying my Labradoodle, saying hes just a mutt, or how could you pay one of those retched so called breeders for a designer dog, it went on and on even from my vet. I just smiled and said Mojo is the most wonderful mutt and walk away. When I bought my purebred dog, a Siberian Husky years ago many people scolded me saying so many wonderful mutts in shelters and how could I pay a breeder for a purebread dog. No matter what one does there will be people who complain and disagree so I don't take it to heart. With some it may be jealousy but whatever its their problem and I refuse to let it get under my skin.

Some of it may be the anonymity of the internet that empowers people to be especially vocal/nasty.  I play a game called Literati on Yahoo games & you would not believe what I have been called & the written attacks made on me over a dumb crossword game.

The ones who say things to you in person should be asked 'why do you care?'

This is the behavior behind the bumper sticker that says "I love dogs...it's people I can't stand"...

Oh Diane ty for the 'why do you care?' quote... I will be using it!

I for the most part prefer animals to people and always have.

Amen Sistah!!! :-) :-)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO EVER DARES TO INSULT MY DAISY, MY INTEGRITY OR MY KNOWLEDGE!

So far that has not been the case (well not blatantly at least, only subtle remarks that I chose to ignore). Most people just love the breed or at least wonder about it.

At Gavin's first therapy visit there was an older man who completely took to Gavin.  He said he used to have a lab and asked what breed Gavin was. I said he was a cross between a golden retriever and a standard poodle.  "They call him a goldendoodle which sounds like kind of a silly word right?" The old man looked me square in the eye and said "they" can call him anything they want, "I" call him beautiful!  It was such a sweet comment and it will stick with me a long time.

What a wonderful compliment!  It also reinforces the impact you and Gavin are having on those in need.

And, thank you two for that. 

That's a gorgeous comment.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service