DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Aussie Doodle? Standard Aussie and Standard Poodle- personality and temperment?

Anyone know a AussiePoo or Aussie Doodle. There are 3 sizes I am interested in any thoughts on the standard mix.. I met 2 pup recently. One might have had OCD ( at 8 weeks) very head strong and determined... One that was the mellowest pup I have ever met.. ( long legs and big feet - more std poodle? than Aussie) They were from the same litter...

Both BEAUTIFUL pup.. one blue merle one black with white chest..
I can't find too much on them.. These must be very smart dog.. 2 of the smartest breeds?
Any information would be appreciated.

I was looking if anyone already has one and would share about the personality and temperment?
How much like Aussie? How much like Doodle?

My goldendoodle is so mellow and loving I can't imagine I could get that lucky 2X

Views: 632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know how we got so far from Gabriele's original conversation, but I apologize for my part in that.
I am also am quite confused. Here is my original comment in reply to Tegan's question, with both Tegan and Nancy's responses to it.
Reply by Karen & Jack 16 hours ago
You can find somebody who is breeding anything with a poodle...shepherdoodles, bernadoodles, Whoodles, the list goes on; the question you have to ask yourself is why? We know there are certain poo-mixes that are being bred by reputable breeders who do health testing...GD's, LD's, schnoodles, aussiedoodles are the ones I know of. These off the wall combos, you will be very hard-pressed to find anyone other than an on-line puppy mall (oops, or should that be mill?) who is breeding these things.▶

Nancy Doodlesville Permalink Reply by Nancy Doodlesville 15 hours ago
boy you got that right,, and the word "Designer dogs"i just cringe

Permalink Reply by Tegan 15 hours ago
That is a huge problem even with GD's and LD's. I'm attracted to the bernedoodles because of the size and personality of bernese mountain dogs. To be fair, I'm not why it would be so different than breeding an LD or a GD or any of the other more mainstream doodles... you want the personality of both breeds with the health benefits of a crossbreed and the chance of a low or non shedding coat.

Nancy Doodlesville Permalink Reply by Nancy Doodlesville 15 hours ago
ALso keep in mind the bigger the dog the more likely it will have growth problems

Just for the record. Nobody was blaming breeders for anything, and it appears that Nancy agreed with my statement about only mills breeding these, and warned against size issues and cancer with the Bernadoodles.
But it's nice you guys can agree.
I have one of Lauries pups (www.aboundinggracedoodles.com) from the previous Ruthie/Rhett litter and she is amazing. Not nearly as high-energy as a full Aussie, but definitely a character. She was probably the most active one in the bunch and even tho she has her crazy moments, she is also very likely to just grab a toy and chew on it or crash out on the tile floor to cool off. She has been very easy to train and aims to please. Two of her sisters are alot more laid back so you can't fail to find a perferct match.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service