DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have been doing some research on automatic waterers. It seems that Drinkwell manufactures the best ones. Does anyone have any experience with these? Which model did you get? I like the 360, looks easy to clean and fill, but only has a 1 gallon capacity, that doesn't seem like it would last long???

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The one you are looking at looks like it would be easier to clean than the one I bought. I had it before the puppy came though. I have the Petmate Deluxe Freshflow I think it holds 50 oz. I fill the translucent reservoir evey morning. I have 2 cats and the dog drinking out of it. I like it a lot and they seem to drink more than before. It is however noisy if the filter gets clogged with hair, fur or anything else and needs to be cleaned about once a week. It is easy to clean and not a big deal.

Hope this helped you.
How big is Riley, Fozzy is looking like he will be about 70 lbs and Boomer is 75 lbs. But the 360 would have more than 2 times the water than yours does, so it should be ok?
Riely is just under 30 pounds and the two cats are about 12 pounds each. I would think that it should have enough water for both Boomer and Fozzy.
What is the point of it? Does it stay cleaner? Is it attached to a hose or.....? My dogs get the water bowls so dirty that I rinse it out all of the time.
It has a built in filter that keeps water cleaner and not stagnant. The water moves consistently keeping it fresher and cooler. I have to unplug it and clean it out about once a week. No hose, but that would be a good idea!
I have the "Big Dog" Drinkwell fountain. It holds over 2 gallons of water. However, it gets DIRTY and is a PAIN to clean. I just recently bought the "cleaning kit" that Drinkwell sells seperatly(I think they should include it with the fountain) and it does make cleaning alot easier. I only have to fill it up with water about once a week and it gets cleaned every two weeks or less. Also, it has a loud running water sound.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754462
That is why I am leaning toward the 360 - they say it is very easy to clean. Just take it apart and throw it in the dishwasher. Also, filters need to be changed.
This is the one I HAD! I got rid of it because Jordan thought it was fun to paw the water and make a huge mess.
It was a pain to clean. I just have normal water dishes (raised) now.Plus hair would clog the filter. I had 2 dogs and 3 cats drinking out of it.
Does using one of these prevent water from being drooled all over and spilled?
Someone mentioned to me that they used one of these and that their doods beard stayed drier and did not drip all over the kitchen. This is because they drink from the stream and not from the bowl.
That would be great. I would love to keep my Springer's ears out of the water!
No, they play in it and it will not help any part of the kitchen stay drier. I think it is really meant for cleaner, filtered water. My cats played in it for the first few weeks and Riley will play in it every once in awhile too. I really like it though, It is harder to spill than a regular dish and I think they drink more.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service