DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45580711#45580711

Scary because when I was researching to get a puppy that nj goldendoodle website had come up in my research and I considered them!!! Sick...people are just sick!

http://goldendoodle.newjerseypuppiesforsale.com/?awkw=NJ%20goldendo...   this is one of the websites I encountered and it was on that video clip! I wasn't even expecting to find it still running after this but I guess they don't think they are doing anything wrong!

Views: 1061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In tears-this horrible!!! How can people be some inhumane???? I hope that the lawsuits help and that this story makes nobody buy a dog from them! Thans for sharing this very important post!

I'm so happy to see that the Today show did this segment.  Hopefully it will be a warning to people.  It makes me sick to see the owner living this lifestyle while all these sick, abused puppies are suffering.  I so hope that this business can be shut down.  Thanks for the post!

Purebred Breeders LLC has been discussed here before, and I'm glad that we now have the proof of what we have been telling people, that this is a broker for the worst puppy mills. I just got the email from the HSUS with this investigation report and came here to post it when I saw that Katie had beat me to it.

Here is a link to the HSUS investigation report with video:

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2011/12/purebred_b...

Any time you google any breed of dog with a state name: Goldendoodles in Oregon, West Highland White Terriers in Michigan, Chihuahuas in Arkansas, you will get links to Purebred Breeders LLC.

If you are looking for a puppy, don't google "name -of-breed puppies for sale". Get the names of legitimate breeders and go directly to their websites.

Let me say once again, responsible, legitimate breeders do not sell their puppies through brokers, or pet stores, or middle men of any kind.

I was really upset when these ads started turning up on DK when the ads in the discussion s first started. Luckily I have not seen any lately. These brokers are at least as bad as the mills.

I came across this site when I was in the early days of my puppy search too. Except it said Toronto cockapoo puppies. I thought great, so I  filled in the inquiry form. Well, that was a mistake.  At frist a guy called me and tried to talk to me into the puppy, using hard sales techniques. He wanted to ship me a puppy right there and then for $800. He told me this one puppy named 'biscuit' is the most gorgeous puppy he's ever seen and he won't last long. I asked him where the puppy was and he hesitated. I asked if I could pick him up in Toronto, and he said no, the puppies are in South Carolina in the United States. I asked if he thought this type of puppy would be suitable to my life style and he said yes, he would do well here because they adapt easily to the cold. He seemed to think it is frigid in Canada all year round. He is so clueless about where he is sending puppies and to whom. He admitted that the business is a puppy broker for breeders. He swore up and down they don't use puppy mills, which they obviously do ... Anway, my back was up from the get go and at this point I was just testing about how bad these people really are so I kept asking questions. But I put an end to the call when he was obviously oblivious to whether or not the puppy we do well with me and didn't really seem to care. I kept getting telemarketer style phone calls and emails for weeks after. It makes me really really sick. I'm so glad the Today Show featured this story. Maybe this guy can be stopped.

I looked at this site multiple times...I was really confused on which breeder the puppies were coming from and why they cost so much more on there then on some of the top breeder sites. I was also confused as to why it didn't show pictures of the home...well I guess this is why. 

Here's a past discussion about Purebred Breeders LLC, from a DK member who was looking for a puppy and wanted to know if it was a legitimate breeder:

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/californiagoldendoodlebree...

And yet, we have actually had people recommend this company, which is a good illustration of why DK doesn't allow people to recommend their "breeders" in the forum.

Even puppy mills turn out some fine puppies so owners may never have an idea of the circumstances in which their dog was bred.

I agree with this policy.  Anyone can get lucky and get a great dog from a poor circumstance.  

I bought a dog from an awful place, 16 years ago, just to get it out of the conditions it was living in.  Still have the little guy who is asleep on my sofa.  Pure luck he has been such a great healthy dog.  I strongly believe in regulating breeders.  South Carolina where I live does nothing at all.  It is all so sad and so avoidable. 

started reading this but can't finish it. Damn. why??? it's so awful, how can society let this continue.

A young woman on my Poodle Forum (who in my opinion had zero business buying a puppy in the first place) got a Toy Poodle puppy from this company.  It died 3 days after arriving at her home.

A reputable breeder who is working to to breed high quality dogs does not market puppies like they are consumer goods.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service