DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Happy Monday Doodle friends, I hope today will be the start of a spectacular week for you and your doodle !
Early last week I saw an ad for a product from First Alert called the Bark Genie.
Chances are that some of you even have one. I didn't, and I am, and have been in the process of trying to get Finnley to do a little less barking when she is window watching. She is very reactive to cats, and squirrels strolling by.
Obviously the techniques I have used for the last two years have not been successful ! This devise emits a high pitch beep to redirect the dogs attention.
So I decided to order one of these little hand held devices, and see if it might help, even just a little.
They do sell them at stores, ($19.99) but I hate shopping, so I ordered mine for a couple of dollars cheaper from Amazon.
It arrived on Thursday afternoon, and of course I didn't have 4 triple A batteries. UGH. So off to the store anyway!
Friday morning I waited for Finnley to sit in "her" chair in front of the window. Thank goodness the squirrels were out, and busy doing their thing. Trying to bury every chestnut they could carry, from my neighbors tree in to my yard.
Finnley saw the first one and started her low, working up to a bark whimper. I pointed the Bark Genie at her, pushed the button and said NO bark ! WOW, like magic she completely stopped, and looked at me.
It has worked every time since, and been a whole lot quieter. In fact, just saying no, seems to be working now.
Don't know if it will help anyone else, but thought I would share. It couldn't hurt, that is for sure !

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ThaNow for the info and I'm glad to have a fellow shopping hater. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one.

F, I am soooo your fellow shopping hater ! I am also so lucky that my husband doesn't mind at all. For some reason, totally unknown to me, he is even willing to go the extra mile and enter WALMART !! Yikes, no way for me, I don't care what you can find cheaper there !  :)

Sheila, I can so relate to this one!   That stores drives me crazy and my husband loves it!  So HE does the shopping at that one!  

Lonnie, any man who wants to go shopping at WalMart has my blessings. Yes there are some deals in there, but they certainly are not spectacular enough to get me in there !

I too, HATE shopping.  No wonder we all get along.

As for barking......  this is where we might differ. I dont mind the barking most times. Since I am such an expert trainer...  cough cough, saying "It's All Good, Spud." works.  

I see you more with one of Laurie's Blow Horns anyway 

Poor Finlley.  

A blow horn ? Oh Joanne, I would NEVER ! LOL
Finnley isn't a big barker at everything, but there are some things that I need to get a little more under control. We have let her become the spoiled child since my son gave her to me, and left for college. I know it is our fault, but we need to get on some things before she gets any older. She is allowed to bark when the doorbell rings, I use that for the person on the other sides warning, to them. Big Dog inside, Beware ! LOL 

Thanks for the tip...I just ordered one...our dogs bark incessantly at our neighbor when she's outside...they love her, watch her through a knot hole in the fence & bark their heads off.  Maybe now we won't have to take them inside :)

Hope it works for you Diane. My daughter who has 3 barkers.... really BAD barkers, went out and bought one yesterday. So far, so good ! Let us know how it works for you ! Love the knot hole peeping doodles !

Thanks Sheila for the info, I am ordering one RIGHT NOW!

Done!  

Lonnie, good luck. I think if it works on Finnley, she is VERY strong willed; then it should work for other doodle's!

Sheila, Keep us posted on this one.    It sounds like Finnley has gotten the message.   I'd love to hear if it "sticks".     Thanks for sharing!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service