DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My friend is a vet tech and heavily involved in pit bull rescue.  One of her dogs is a universal blood donor (meaning that his blood type is a good match for all dogs).  For the second time now, he was called into service when a bull dog was hit by a car this morning and required emergency surgery.  What a giving thing to do.  Has anyone ever considered this?  From what she tells me the blood test to determine blood type is free but you must live close to the vet facility as you are called into action at a moments notice.  Oden is a big calm guy and his "dad" held his paw while the blood flowed with no dramatics.  Oden was given fluids and remained at the vets for two hours to recover.  He is now home and his "sister" Rosie is having a sympathy nap with him.  Oden is the big guy on the right.

Oden at home recouping ... and his sister 'sympathy napping' with him. He's doing fine!

P.S. she said the team at the vet clinic treated him like a Celebrity!

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. I'll keep the family in my thoughts as they go through this hard time. Very sad.

I am very sorry to hear that and the family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Ditto. Very sad. :(

What a wonderful thing to do. I am sorry about the bulldog!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service