DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey all parents...of Doods.  Wishful Thinking here, so could you imagine a day like this?  It would be better than a 4:30 on a Friday after a long week at work.  So I am so interested to hear how you imagine that day would be for you.

Profession:  Professional Flatbed Truck Driver

Heres mine!  

A fade into scene.  Take 1 

My best friend Shelby and I together in my truck just having a good laugh about the ribs we just had at at the Rib Shack. "Wow Shelby you sure clean your plate. She turns to me and tells me I had some sauce on my face.  "Ill take care of it Daddy!"  

The rest is a very very tasty ending...

Short story but its what I see when I dream at night,

when I miss her lots when Im gone,

I wish Shelby could come to work with me but it just cant happen.  Policies! GRR,  They should be written on

toilet paper!  Give all of you Doodles hugs and kisses for me and I hope to hear you dreams.

Sincerely from Nashville Tennessee tonight 

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boy that sounds like a great day! I am not sure how Achilles would make out with 18 kindergarten kids, he wouldn't know who to kiss first.
I know you miss her.  I wish I could bring Duffy to my office - they are the cutest, sweetest dogs ever. 

Finnegan gets to come to the office with me a couple days a week.  At 16 months, he's now a well behaved staff member.  Greets the architect in the loft, the labradoodle downstairs, and various other people and then comes back to sleep next to my desk. Oh yeah, there've been a few things along the way...like the day he was secretly chewing the cord to my computer monitor...silent black screen... with a big report due...OMD...but most days, we're really lucky!  Lunchtimes we walk along the river, get chased by the geese, and chill at one of the outdoor cafes. When he was just a pup, one of the staff walked in..."what an adorable pup...can I pet him...c'mere boy...wait...he's showing me his teeth...is he going to bite me?? (jumping behind a piece of furniture, Finney still sitting in place) thump thump, tail wags...wait, he's...he's... grinning???  Yep, that's exactly what the little guy was doing. You have to be very special to get one of those grins :-)  I hope you get to take Shelby with you some day.

I teach at a university and I brought Sadie to my office hours when she was about 4 months old. She was a big hit with my colleagues and my students, and she behaved so well! She didn't jump up on anyone and after greeting the first few students who came to see me she just flopped over on her side and went to sleep. I hope to be able to bring her back with me sometime soon.

Your students come to see you during office hours?  :p

I teach at a college and someone actually did visit me last week.  Maybe if I advertised that there is a cute dog in my office more would come for help when they need it...

I don't think I could bring her though - my office is shared, and as far as I know only service animals are allowed at the college.

The students had to drop off portfolios otherwise I never would have seen so many of them in a single afternoon!
I work at a children's hospital, I think staff and patients alike would have a much better day if I could bring Quincy to work with me for a day.
I totally agree!
Such a cute story! I am currently not at work so my days are ALL doodle days! Now if they would behave better we could all 3 go on a nice long walk but I have to take them separately right now unless DH is here and they are still pulling naughty doods then. At least I only have to take hold of one.
I work in an office of a large hospital.  We have many volunteer "greeters" and I am hoping one day my pup can participate in this wonderful program and come to work with me!
My husband took the weiner dog OTR when he worked for Allied. It was against the rules, but he did it anyway. No one ever complained or even noticed frankly. 
I love the ribs scene. That's exactly what you do, when you are a truckdriver with a road dog. My husband used to get a kick out of getting cheeseburgers for our Simon when he took him.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service