DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We have two of these. Got them in hopes of a lower volume of beard drippings and to keep young Rosco from knocking over his water bowl.

The Buddy Bowl has a funneled interior that keeps water from splashing in transit or spilling if bowl is tipped over. (Supposed to) prevent water from becoming contaminated by dirt, etc., but if you don't clean it doodle chins can add lots of extras to the water ;-)

Supposed to NOT not break when frozen (though I've never tested it). Dishwasher safe.

I like this bowl a lot, the only downside is it takes a wrestler to take it apart for washing.

Available at www.JeffersPet.com and other online and real-life stores...

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think there is anything that can prevent the "doodle drip" after drinking. If you shave the goatee off, they probably wouldn't drip as much, but then, they're no long doodles! My wife and I have taught Ollie to stand in one place after drinking by saying "chin" and he allows us to wipe his goatee...of course that works only if we're around when it happens. Of course, if this is the worst thing about the doodle, then I'd say we're all very lucky.
I agree with you Jon!
How about for Zorro and his 3 foot drool? Do you think it will help keep that under control? We have not allowed water bowls in the house because of it but i feel like they need more water during the day. (even tho i let them out a bazillian times a day.)
Oh the dreaded beard drippings. Our entire house is wood flooring - no carpeting at all - and Buddy leaves a trail from one end of the house to the other after a good long drink. We found a great product called the Big Dog Drinkwell. It has a small motor that runs a pump and makes a little waterfall. Buddy always drinks from the free falling water rather than dunking his whole chin down in the reservior bowl. No more wet beard! When we are somewhere other than home and I give him bowl of water, he looks at it, then looks at me, like "are you kidding me"?! Spoiled doodle. Rotten!

Here's a link to the drinkwell: http://www.thepamperedpetmart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PRO...
Shannon thanks for the link to the drinkwell. I just ordered one! We have a smaller model by Petmate for our outdoor cats. They love it. I am looking forward to not slipping across the bathroom floor after Harlow is finished at the water bowl!
We also keep a towel by Yankee's water and try to catch him after a drink. As soon as we wipe his chin, he takes another drink as if to say "don't bother".

So does this bowl help the dripping problem?
It helps SOME with the drippy chin...but that's not what it was created for. I got it mostly so Rosco couldn't swim in his indoor bowls (doesnt do that anymore anyway) and because they are GREAT for the car when traveling.
I got so tired of mopping a zillion times a day to keep my floors clean and dry...it was really wearing me out. WE put a big lick-it on our patio and ran a hose along the house to the patio...so the dogs would not chew it. It works really great.I have a puppy door so that can come and go as they please..my floor stays dry and the water from their chin mostly drips on the patio. They have clean water out all times.... no more dirty water ever.
We use this bowl because Boone likes to empty the water bowl all over the floor by digging the water out with his right paw.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service