DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello! I was wondering what makes these expensive little sticks so appealing to puppies! We only give Yeti a bully stick while he's being brushed because it calms him and takes his mind off the fact that he hates being brushed. It was thinking how I wish he loved his bone as much as he loves his bully stick which made me wonder if anyone knows what makes these so good!

Views: 369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But I also wouldn't completely rule out the bully sticks. The trick I think is to only buy those that are sold by trustworthy companies that don't outsource and that do testing on their products.   In the studies that Barbie refers to, about one third of the bully sticks tested were contaminated; that leaves two-thirds that weren't. 

We have dozens of people in the Food Group who give bully sticks, and in 7 years, I have yet to hear of one dog or one human getting sick from a bully stick. Of course, they are not buying them at the big box stores. On the other hand, there are members here whose dogs were killed or made permanently ill by pet foods and jerky treats sourced in China and made by Purina and the other "big brands" that are sold in grocery stores, Walmart, Target, etc. 

Best Bully Sticks is one online source some of our members recommend. 

Here's a link to our recommended treat brands: http://www.bestbullysticks.com/?gclid=CND50b22zs0CFUQjgQodengAiw

Karen once again thank you so much! Your like my guardian angel! I'm browsing the best bully sticks website and they are even less expensive then the pet store we have here in town! Not that money is a huge issue but at the same time I can only afford so much. This is truly wonderful to know that the bully sticks from this website are pretty safe! I will also be looking into the beef tendons. Do you get them for your jackdoodle? Do you happen to know how many tendons come in a pack? Yeti isn't a terribly aggressive chewer which is nice because things like bully sticks last longer with him!

Jack used to get beef tendons. He was diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease a few years ago and can't have them any more, nor anything containing beef. Bully sticks never worked out for him, he consumed even the huge ones in under 5 minutes. The tendons actually lasted longer, and they're less expensive. Beef tracheas worked very well for us, too. 

Is there a specific link to healthy treats?  I was using bully sticks but after reading this post I don't think I will be giving them to Fiona anymore.  It's a shame too because it keeps her occupied for a while.  

I'm sorry I am still learning to navigate this site as I am new. 

Check the website bestbullystick.com ! They have a made in the USA section and they are also sourced in the USA! Karen (the food and treat godess) said they are fine if they are sourced and made in the USA! Also she linked me to beef tendons which are okay once again if they are made and sourced in the USA!!!

I thought I had linked to the Food Group's Recommended Treat Brands, but I somehow screwed that up. 

Here's the link. None of these brands sell anything made or sourced outside of North America. None of them contain any ingredients that are on the Dog Food Project's Ingredients to Avoid. And none of them are sold at Walmart, K-Mart, Sam's Club, Costco, Target, or grocery stores. 

http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/thefoodgroup/forum/topics/recomme...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service