DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Crush has a long, pretty fleece coat. I've seen pictures of doodles with nice long hair and I want to keep it that way. She does shed a tiny bit which is probably a good thing, grooming wise? I know I'll need to cut the hair away from her eyes, and I've trimmed the hair under her feet so it doesn't mat. I brush her hair every few days because I want to keep it long and I DO NOT want it to mat. I've seen some animal cops episodes with bloody matted fur and that terrifies me. (I obviously wouldn't let it get like that). Anyway, does anybody here not cut their doodle's hair? 

Views: 859

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking forward to the responses here. Our little girl Enzo is only 12 weeks, and I love the puppy look. Hoping I can get away with brushing every day and trims here and there. Which we already do now.

Haley has only had his paws trimmed and around his eyes. I COMB him out every day or so with a coarse toothed comb followed by a fine comb. I comb down to the skin. Since Haley hate a brush I never use one.

Always mat free!

I will have to look for a comb like you have. Enzo has gotten use to the brushing and I think she actually enjoys it. But it won't hurt to use a comb on her as well. Thanks for the info!
Ps...I love Haley's look! I'm thinking Enzo's coat may look very much like his...and that's a good thing!

He is so beautiful Anne!  

Thanks Lonnie.

Does Haley she'd much. Some doodles, mine, don't she'd at all and their coats would grow to the floor I think.

Yes F, he does shed.  It's real fine stuff but it could be worse.

That is  BEAUTIFUL picture and a BEAUTIFUL dog. I have a wide toothed comb and a fine brush. I'll brush her more often if I can get her like your dog! I'd love to not have to cut her hair. 

With non shedding doodles never trimming them results in doodles getting wider and impossible  to keep mat free without daily brushing. We would all be uncomfortable I think. and I really do not have the time and energy to groom daily. Here they are in one of their longer modes. Calla legs begin to look like a Clydesdale.

Mr. Haley is flat out gorgeous  and so are Calla & Luca.  I too love the long look, but Quincy and I really don't like the amount of grooming it takes! 

Anne what a gorgeous picture of Mr.Haley...he is so handsome...nothing like a beautiful fall day for an amazing backdrop!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service