DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Poor Meg, talked me into throwing snowballs and after several minutes of that I picked up the Frisbee and she went after it.  I am guessing her mouth was too cold and she bit the Frisbee too hard, next thing I know there is red snow everywhere.  Loaded up quick and went to see her doctor, he thinks tiny cut (that had already stopped bleeding) on tongue, suggested no more playing catch today.  She doesn't seem to remember bleeding, when we got home she wanted right back out but it scared the dickens out of me for a few minutes.

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well no wonder you want to give your snow away. A snow injury with blood.... THAT always looks bad ! Sorry Meg got hurt, but it probably was all worth it if you asked her ! :) That's cause she didn't have to pay the vet !

Hope you have a much better afternoon.

Judy - if a nipped tongue is all that happened I would be thrilled! I started reading this and I was waiting to read my worst fear came true. I always worry when the doods run and chase in the snow or mud. I keep waiting to hear a crack and a scream - someone broke a bone. My sisters schnoodle puppy broke both bones above his wrist when he attempted to be the 3rd doodle in a wrestling match. Since then I can't stop worrying.

I hope you both have a better day. 

JD was once rough-housing in the yard with another dog when suddenly he had blood all over his tongue and mouth. It scared the heck out of me, too. I thought that the other dog might have bitten his tongue while they were paying, or that maybe JD had bitten it himself. By the time I got to the vet's office, 20 minutes later, the bleeding had stopped; the vet laughed and didn't even charge me for the visit! Apparently they have a ton of blood vessels in their tongues. 

I'd be scared too....glad she's okay.

Thats scary Im glad we dont have any snow here.

Awww..... Careless?  No... You and Meg were having a great time in the snow!  Accidents will happen!  Glad she is ok and it was just a small cut that will heal!  She probably doesn't even worry about it though and just anticipates when you will go back out and play in the snow!  :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service