DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Well,  I am very excited that I have chose to be a mommy to a my first doodle. Only issue is..... I don't have her yet..

I have been searching online and IG asking questions to current owners. Wanting to know if they are happy with their pup.

So far I have 6 breeders in minds. Moss Creek (McDoodle),BayLake, Beyond Bliss, Doodle2love, Rendez Doodle (Karla). 

If you cant post here please private message me.

I am very excited to be a apart of this community.

I am from Florida but it seems like I will have to purchase from another state.

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nad, welcome to DK. 

If you have not read What to Look For in a Breeder, please read it and take it to heart. It is the single most important tool you could have for choosing a doodle breeder. If anyone cannot measure up to these minimal requirements, look elsewhere.

Asking people if they are happy with their pups isn't going to help you find a reputable breeder, because almost everyone is happy with their pups. People who have puppy mill dogs from pet stores love their dogs and are happy with them. And since most health issues don't show up until a dog is past the age of 2, knowing that someone's 6 mo old puppy is healthy doesn't tell you much, either. Having proof that a breeder is doing genetic health testing on her breeding dogs, has a good solid health warranty, and is only breeding adult dogs with sound bodies and good temperaments are the most important factors. 

Good luck in your search. 

This is very true. I read some horror stores about doodles and there temperament. That is also a big issue. I need to make sure they are fully selected carefully. I notice that all of the breeders states they have a good selection with temperament. As a mom, how can I know if they really have a good selection?

Well, the best way really is to visit them and meet the dogs. 

You really have to look past the claims on the websites and dig for the facts. Keep in mind that they are trying to sell you a product. In this case, that "product" is a living creature who will be living in your home with your family and whose welfare you will be responsible for, for the next 15+ years. Ask for proof of everything, in writing. 

Yes, I read the article, very valuable information..... I have to call all the breeders I am interested in and ask questions again. I also read the return policy is a good way to weed them out as well. Refund vs wanting to give me a free pup vs paying vet bills. I read that refund or partial refund is better than a breeder that wants to replace the pup and pay for vet bills.

Well, who would want to return a puppy or dog that they loved, lol? What good would a new, different puppy do you when a dog you already love is sick? 

It's not refund versus paying bills; it's a refund to help pay those bills. Obviously you are never going to get more back than you paid for the pup, even if you have $5000 in vet bills. Best to try to avoid that situation altogether by only considering pups from parents who are past 2 years old and have been fully health tested. And you want to see the results of the health testing, which any breeder who has actually done it should be proud and happy to show you. 

Exactly. I just sent a list of questions so I am hoping to get a reply. I followed the list that from the forum.  A few of the breeders are not in Florida, so I can visit it. The only one from Florida is Moss Creek/Mcdoodle and BayLake.

If the far away breeders check out on paper AND you can find a reference on here from someone who has visited the premises in person, that helps.  I've only heard of Baylake and Moss Creek, not the other ones, but I've not kept up with who is new.  And I'm not endorsing any because I have no personal experience buying from either breeder who I have heard of.

Do not choose. Breeder that insists that you purchase certain food and vitamins from them for the guarantee to be valid.
Wow, I'm learning everyday. I'm going to double check

If you see ads for NuVet vitamins or Life's Abundance food on the breeder's website, look closely at the heath warranty. They're sold through a mutlti-level marketing company, and the breeders get commissions when you order them. There are some doodle breeders whose health guarantees are contingent on using one or both of these unnecessary, overpriced products. 

I am looking at Labradoodles and Goldendoodles.  We live in NJ but are willing to travel within a few states.  I have read What to Look for in a Breeder, but I am also hoping for recommendations (both positive or negative) about breeders within driving distance of NJ.  Please private message me with any help in this regard.  Thanks.

There is one on my list that is in NY. At least you can drive there an take a look. DM me.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service