DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

According to the Chris Christensen website:
A pin brush in a slicker brush type body with ground polished tips and a lightweight beechwood body. Designed by Chris Christensen with a patent pending for it's uncompromising design. Glide through the coat with less wrist movement than standard designed pin brushes with this new state-of-the-art design. The angle and the contours of the handle will do all the work for you opposed to your wrist being at a constant angle. Excellent for tired wrist and carpal tunnel.

Now I'm not one to rave about grooming products. My dogs don't mat and I have a hard time believing hype about various products' magical wonders =)

However I really like this brush. At least I like it better than my slicker, which is the only other brushed I've used. Rosco has never liked his legs being brushed and with this brush (which is far less scratchy) he totally tolerates it. It glides through his fur quite nicely.

So maybe not magical, but a really good product. I recommend it =)

Views: 1185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay Adina, I'm convinced. Cayenne hates her legs brushed and I'll admit my pin brush is prickly. I'm buying a Chris Christensen. Thanks.

Oh, how often do you brush?
Jennifer: I don't brush very often, but Rosco doesn't mat. I might brush a couple times a week at most.
Hi Adina. What size are you using for your standard doods?
Jill, I got the 16mm Brush, but it has more to do with thickness of coat than size of dog. If your dog's coat isn't too thick or long, then you should be fine with a 16mm, but if your dog's coat is quite thick, curly, or long, you might want to upgrade to the next size up.
Adina,

How big is your dog and what size of a brush did you buy?
never mind, saw the post regarding size. Thanks.
Cayenne also got one of these for her birthday, not that I would say she was too excited about it ;)
I like it. It's much easier on her coat and on her skin. Now if I could just get her be still long enough to get the few knots out, we'd be set.!
I also love this brush. Much less scratchy than my old cheap pin brush.
I also love a new product in the Christiansen line...there is now a pin brush with WOODEN pins...exceptionally gentle and really good for a once over or before doing more serious detangling. It only comes in one size and is a little price-y, but I love it. Jack has a straighter, shaggy coat.
Hi Adina,
This brush is available in 3 sizes. We have a 30 lb. doodle and a (will grow to be) 20 lb. doodle. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Karyn
Ooops! I see the train of repsonses now. Never mind. Thanks.
Thank you, I will investiagate where to get one here.
Isn't that cool? Rosco's acceptance of leg brushing is what sold me :-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service