DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

A while back we had a discussion about cloning and it is being done in Korea.  As great as our doodles can be, who would want to clone their dog?  But breeding and genetics are so interesting.  Would you consider cloning a special dog?

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think so.  I wouldn't clone either of my children, they are unique and deserve to be that way.  The greatest thing about having Meg is she is different than any other dog I have loved, I loved them for being them and I love her for her uniqueness.  It is like a gift every time you love a new person or a new pet.

no

NO!

No.

I wouldn't.  I think the whole nature vs nurture applies to dogs also.   Even tho the cloned doodle would have the same owner, what if a spouse had passed away...or children have grown and moved out of the house...so many variables in life  that would make it impossible to have the exact environment for doodle #2, even if they were genetically identical.    

No. I believe that people and animals come into your life for a reason and that you are changed for having known them.  It is hard when that time ends but that starts the next chapter in your life. 

Hmmm. I want to say no. First I don't believe in this kinda thing, not at all.  I have however had many dogs in my lifetime, and known 10 x's as many.  I have my heart dog from many, many years ago, but our Monty has exceeded all my dogs.  All my dogs were great, but my most human dog is my current dog.  They have all been different for sure.  I want another Monty, but I suppose even if I had the money and were-withal, I'd go get one from the same kind of breeding situation that I obtained Monty from. But I surely can understand how someone would be inclined to do something like this. And then the longer I think about it, its too weird.  What if I cloned my daughter.........ah no.  

If it were available, I'd rather opt for a life-extending technology.  Annie is a very special dog to me, and we have such a deep relationship, as hippie-ish as that sounds.  I tell her all the time that I hope she lives for at least 20 years. 

But no, would not clone her.  I think cloning is a terrible idea for many reasons...

No.

no, never... I would hate that.

Absolutely NEVER, that is just way too strange for me!

Not interested in duplicating any of my dogs. Because environment has a large effect on shaping a dog's behavior, a clone would still not be a replica of your previous dog. I love and adore my dogs, but I would want a 'new' dog genetically and not a repeat of the special and unique  one I previously had.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service