DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I've read several articles where it said a Goldendoodles coat changes many times during the first year.  Is this true?  I'm hoping that when Lexie gets older she won't shed so much.  Also, if I have her cut, would she be a littler curlier than wavy?

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the things that we all love so much about Doodles is their individuality.  That is also what makes questions such as this very difficult to answer ...... everyone is different.  I have seen some really dramatic coat changes and I have seen some Doodles that don't look different at all.  As for the shedding, I know with my Sophie who is my shedder, that if I keep her cut a little shorter it seems like she doesn't shed as much ...... however it is probably just that what she is shedding isn't as long so it doesn't seem like as much.    Bottom line is that it is going to be whatever it is going to be and you will just end up loving her for whatever that is.  I was one of those people that wouldn't sit down on my sisters Sofa because of dog hair ..... now I pretty much have dog hair on me constantly.  I get so much love and joy from the girls that the dog hair just really isn't a problem for me anymore.
There is lots of information on coat changes in the Grooming Group. If you use the search function, which is now working, you will be able to find many past discussions relating to some of your questions. Good luck : )

Regarding the shedding & coat changes, as Lucy & Sophies Mom said each doodle is different. Now about a short coat, if your doodle has wavy long hair, she'll have wavy short hair. 

My Webster has curly hair and when it gets longer, the curls are looser and messier looking but still definitely curls.  I keep his coat between 1-2 inches long and he is curly. 

Charlotte's coat is a little longer with looser, silkier curls.  When I trim her, she will probably look like she has a tighter curl but still not like Webster.  When she had her longest coat, her hair was almost frizzy at the ends.

My mom & sister have doodles with wavy hair and they keep them trimmed pretty short during the summer and a little longer (but not much) during the winter.  They never look curly, in fact I would say they look straighter with their hair short.

My cousin has a doodle with silky, wavy/straight hair.  When his hair is long, it is wavy and very fluffy, when short there is just a little curl to his hair, no crimp, just slight wave.

Check out this threat I started a while ago on Gavin's coat change.

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/coat-comparison-8-mons-vs-...

My KoKo is changing every day.  She is a phantom mini GD who was mainly black, silver, white and tan.  She has an undercoat that looks like she will ultimately be silver but I keep putting off her first grooming because I love that shaggy black coat she is currently wearing.  I've attached pictures of her when we first got her and one done today to show the difference.

She is so cute!  She looks a lot like my last dog which I got from the Humane Society and they said she was a Cockapoo.  Although, she grew to be 45lbs. and had the coloring of a Schnauzer.  Wouldn't that be funny if all along I really had a doodle and didn't know it!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service