DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We have the snow....now I want to try it!   We have a wonderful "retired" railroad bed that runs right behind our property for several miles...and have enjoyed cross country skiing there for years.    Banjo and I have used this trail for walks and I really want to try skiing with him.     He isn't "off leash" and so I'll need to have him "attached" to me.    In my research I see there are special harnesses and a special belt.....I'm wondering if this is necessary....has anyone here in DK tried x-country skiing with their dog?

And, what / how have you done it?    

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Linda!  I've been reading up on skijoring....I was hoping to keep things a little simpler and not have to invest in special equipment as I've been spending left and right lately.   I'm going to try using a gentle leader for now and if that works well I'll stick with that.  If not and we seem to really like going out together then maybe I'll go the next step with the harness and belt.   Sad to say the trails have melted off and then frozen ... we walked them today and won't be able to ski them til more snow falls.  BTW....Teddy is absolutely gorgeous!!!
I spend my time teaching Quincy not to pull so I don't think this is the sport for us either. Interesting name though Skijoring.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service