DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am planning on creating a designated potty spot with pea gravel in my backyard. This is what I was thinking of: http://www.welcomepup.com/blog/how-to-build-an-outdoor-dog-potty-are/

The only shade in my backyard is on the patio and grass area. Other then that, I have dirt and rocks in the rest of the yard which is separated by a fence. My concern is that the pea gravel will be too hot on paws during the summer months. (I live in the desert so it gets pretty hot, this week has been 110+.)

Would keeping the gravel hosed down help at all? What do you do for a potty spot during the hot summer months? The grass is not an option because my husband does not want to deal with dead spots.We are getting a puppy so I was hoping to train them to use a certain area from the beginning.

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We live on 3 acres in the country. We have about an acre fenced off for Annabelle to run around in. It is all grass except for the brick patio. She goes poo way out behind the pole barn, but pees anywhere she feels like it. Our grass is brown now anyway from the weeks of no rain here in Michigan. Annabelle has never burned it though. When we first brought her home, I made a little spot for her to go. She didn't have free run of the yard then like she does now. We don't have your kind of heat to worry about, but walking surfaces do get hot. Other than getting puppy some boots, the artificial turf would be a good solution. I have Annabelle a pair of Ruffwear boots for walks on hot pavement. We do get some looks, but I don't care.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service