DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just bought a new SUV. Had a smaller sportier car, but it was time for an update.  All kids are grown and out of the house, no DH, so it's only me and the dogs ( doodle and Yorkie most often the only ones in the car).  I could have bought a a smaller car probably $6-7,000 cheaper, better gas milage, better looking but felt I just had to by an SUV for Tucker- you know- more comfort, safer, dog appropriate.  Did anyone else buy their doodle an SUV or similar situation?  Hope I'm not the only one!

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL!
You are a good mom!
My mom bought me a VW Tiguan bc the back seat moves forard so there is more cargo space in the back while not losing any seat space. But I take up the WHOLE back seat, so she also had to buy a Thule box for the top of the SUV so she can pack stuff for her and my Pops. I hate it when part of the seat is folder down to accomodate snowboards etc. She is a good mom :-)
Didn't buy a SUV but did convert the back seat of my Dakota Quad Cab. Build a wood platform and have 2 oval dog beds for Gus and Lilly to be both secured in their harnesses and be comfortable

Oh, Gus and Lilly are adorable. What a site to look at while sitting at a stop light!!!
Awww...this is sweet.
Love this Joe!!! Adorable!
A SUV is a must in our family. We have been driving vans and later SUVs for 32 years. First the kids with the vans and then dogs with the SUV. Plus they are so darn convenient for traveling, Home Depot runs, golfing...you name it!!! No you just need to get a personalized license plate with your Doodle's name on it. We have "4GRACEE" and when we had our Lab it was "4BLKDOG". Answer...you re not the only one!!!
I have a pretty pink & glittery license plate frame that says I LOVE MY GOLDENDOODLE ~ My husband is not as thrilled with it as I am when he is doing the driving :-)
Funny. Your husband is real sport!
Tell your husband I feel his pain. My wife's license plate is Mumamia (as in the Abba song from the movie). Talk about getting looks!
well after this weekend's camping trip with a 3 and 5 year old (both in car seats) and 2 dogs in a packed to the max Murano...we did discuss the 3rd row being a necessity...prior to Marley we were going to wait MUCH longer but looks like my new wheels will be coming sooner than I expected!!
Make sure you check out the cargo area with the 3rd row seats - I had an Acura MDX with the 3rd row and it really killed my cargo area. My current SUV is a Suzuki XL7 with the 3rd row and it has the same problem. If you like American cars (I am not a fan) the Dodge Durago seems to have a good cargo area even with all 3 rows of seats up - my father-in-law just bought one.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service