DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just bought a new SUV. Had a smaller sportier car, but it was time for an update.  All kids are grown and out of the house, no DH, so it's only me and the dogs ( doodle and Yorkie most often the only ones in the car).  I could have bought a a smaller car probably $6-7,000 cheaper, better gas milage, better looking but felt I just had to by an SUV for Tucker- you know- more comfort, safer, dog appropriate.  Did anyone else buy their doodle an SUV or similar situation?  Hope I'm not the only one!

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep bought our Hinda CRV just
in time to pick Snickers up at the breeder. The back seat is really his, we have a cover over the seats and he is hooked up to a zip line harness and his nose prints are all over the windows LOL. When we say car ride he goes right to the garage door and then runs out to "his" car door. So funny!
can you post a pic of his zip line harness? we still haven't figured out the best way to travel with Marley as she often gets carsick...
Sure next "car ride" I will take a pic!
I got the CRV too. don't you hate those nose prints. I should buy stock in Windex. Everyday in the house and in the car i have my Windex bottle going. Tucker runs to every window in the house when a dog walks by. In the summer it seems like 100 x a day people are walking their dogs past my house.
We took our dogs to Florida to visit my hubby's grandfather over Christmas last year. Here's a picture of them in the back of our CRV before we traded it in. We strapped all the luggage so it wouldn't fall, threw the dog beds in the back and covered them with a rug. I am trying to figure out how to keep them buckled in when the seats are laid down in our Honda Pilot. Need to do some research on it!

I have a sedan right now, which gives Halas plenty of room, but there isn't really room for his kennel if I wanted to have it in there. I still have 2 years left on my lease, but I'll definitely look at SUVs again when this lease is up.
:( I'm jamming my doods into a tiny Saturn with the backseats turned down.
Starlit stands in the backseat and there is no way to look in the rear view. Spud places each paw around the gear shifter and sits as close to me as he can.

Usually we ride in DH's Van but if he is not around... off we go.

It looks like that old Volkswagen commercial: How many people ( or doods ) can you jam into that car? Where the heck is the driver?
Funny- sounds like you need an SUV.
I DID I DID I DID!!! LOL I just bought one a few months ago - I had a minivan before but Hunter just didn't have that cargo area to stretch out it. I bought a Suzuki XL7 with the fold down 3rd row of seats that I NEVER use as seats - its Hunter's cargo area. I made my DH think that I was tired of having a minivan (which was true!) but I still wanted that extra seating for the kids friends (he still really wanted a minivan again) so it was the PERFECT compromise LOL Really in my mind it was making Hunter comfortable. I can't wait to see your new SUV! Congrats!! No more cute little sporty Saturn :-(
I drive a seven year old Camry, which works fine for us. The doodles have the backseat, duly covered in the real dog seat cover, in turn covered by a sheet. I think, given the current crisis in the gulf, it would be anti-earth to get an SUV just for the comfort of the doodles who seem fine with the current arrangement anyway. They are dogs and as long as they are treated well, are with the human they love and are going on an "adventure, as I like to call trips with them even to Petco, they are happy. Since I don't haul much cargo, my backseats fold down for larger items, and I have the luxury of staying home in ice and snow I'm OK with this too. Remember the oil crisis in the 70's, I do.
hmmmm.....
A Toyota huh? Those things don't stop so I suggest you head East on Interstate 80 ( non-stop, straight shot ) and I'll meet you 3 miles from my house. You can crash into my old Saturn--things bounce right off the sides of these dent-free cars so no worries.
See you in 8 hours :)
Ha, mine stops. That's why I keep it, can't trust the new ones, anymore : )

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service