DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I currently clean up after Lily goes #2 with dog bags and have been double bagging and put in large trash can. The can is in our garage. The smell has been so bad and atttacting many flies. I had to move our can outside. Even though I've been double and triple bagging her poop. How should I dispose of it. I've read you shouldn't throw in woods because of bacteria etc getting into water system. I don't want to flush it. What does everyone else do? Thanks!

Views: 552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bag poop but I keep the bags outside in a pail. I put the in the garbage the night before collection.
Does the pail smell and attract flies too? Or not as bad since it's more air right with lid?

My pail doesn't have a lid. I find that it actually smells less this way, with air getting to it. When I kept the poop bags in a covered container, it held the smell in, and it was brutal when you did have to open it. It does attract some flies, but it's far enough away from doors and outside living areas that it's not a problem. There are flies and bugs outdoors regardless, lol. 

I agree about the lid! No lid is the way to go!
I have an open pail too, it's actually a flower pot.

GMTA! Mine is an old planter. :) 

:)

I do the same thing as F. I have a pail outdoors on the side of the garage and put the poop bags there until garbage day. Then I empty the pail into the big trash can when I put it out on garbage day. 

I bag the poop and put it in a small bucket away from the house. I dump the contents of the bucket into the big garbage can for pick up on garbage day.

Three for three, lol!

I bag with poop bags - no odor. Lace in open trash can away from house and take to dump (no garbage pick up here) 3 times a week. No odor and very few flies.
Thanks everyone!! I will be getting a pail tomorrow!:)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service