DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My back yard is a mess....YUCK....3 dogs and 2 of them are doodles...I can't seem to keep grass all I have is dirt and everyone knows that turns to MUD.  I am thinking of putting in the "Dog Grass"  suppose to be that they can't dig in it (don't know if I believe that) and they can't pull it out by the roots and runs around with it either...I just want to know if anyone has heard of this type of grass or if anyone has this and what they think of it?  Any suggestions on how to make my yard not look like dirt...HELP.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pachysandra is not poisonous for dogs...I tried that too, I heard it was suppose to stand up to anything..I guess it was not tested on Doodles....that area is all mud as well too now...LOL
Is that like monkey grass?
No, monkey grass is Mondo grass or Liriope. If I remember correctly Pachysandra is a broad-leaf ground cover.

Monkey grass used as lawn:

Pachysandra:

Got it - thanks for the visual!
There are alternatives to grass that may work. I just got through reading some articles on dog friendly yards. One article suggested replacing grass with clover. Another article talked about clover/grass combo being good for high traffic.

Planting season for clover lawns is now - late March. I think I am going to give it a try. My back yard is mud now so I have nothing to loose.
But in the winter, clover totally dies back, where grass goes dormant...at least around here. So you'd have just plain dirt/mud for a big part of the year.
Clover...another one JD's allergic to. Sigh.
Very interesting...I am passing to family and friends with these problems. I am sadly still in a condo.........

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service