DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

WE HAVE A CAMP ON THE LAKE,JAKE WON'T GO IN THE WATER,DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA'S,MY HUSBAND MADE HIM HIS ON PRIVATE DOCK WITH A SLANT SO HE CAN GO IN GRADUALLY BUT DIDN'T HELP.

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few years ago I took my two doodles to the lake for the first time.  One of them dove in like she was a professional and Rosco just about drowned and was terrible at swimming.  But he got better.  What helped was that they both like to fetch sticks and balls so we'd toss a ball just a little ways in and they'd attempt to get it...gradually we'd toss the ball further and further. 

Rosco still was a bit afraid of going in very deep so when it was just me and him I basically held on to his harness and walked him in and forced him to swim a little further.  It seemed to work and from then on he enjoys swimming.

My husband carried him in so he could see the water wasn't going to hurt him.then held on to him and walked allittle further out then let go and he started swimming  but he swam for the shore and now won't go back in.He will go to the edge and get his feet wet and get a drink and that's  about it.

This is Murphy now. I have to admit he cheats. The water is 5 ft deep and he is standing up.

AH,SO CUTE,HE REALLY ACTS LIKE HE ENJOYS THE WATER,LOVE IT.

ha ha Linda Here is my scaredy doodle

Great shot Suzann
Parker likes going in when I go in with him...thats the only reason why he went in at all in the first place.
We go in but Jake still doesn't want to,we will keep trying thanks

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service