DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Do their paw pads "callus" the more they use them. In case you didn't see my last discussion, Yeti and I went out for a 4 1/2 mile run. Looking back, it was probably too much for the first time. Anywho, his paw pads got a little torn up. People suggested using boots to run. We are currently researching good running boots for him. Meanwhile, while his paws heal, we have been putting socks on him so we can still go on nightly walks. They work okay but I have to pull them up a lot (would not work for us while he is running).
People I have been talking to about it at work said I am actually hurting him buy not letting his paws strengthen naturally. People suggest, like humans, that the more the dogs use their paws on the side walk / street that their paws will get rougher naturally, similar to a human callus. Has anyone ever heard that? I should simply start with a 1 - 1 1/2 mile run and causally work my way up over a bunch of weeks?
Any insight would be amazing! Meanwhile a cute picture of Yeti with his socks. He really is a trooper :)

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's so cute! I'm so glad you found a solution!

Yea! Way to go Yeti!

Go Yeti !!!  Looks like they are working well !!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service