DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Sadie got her paws on some duct tape today apparently. It was our first run out of the kennel, alone at home. My bf came home on lunch to find that she had duct tape on her paw. He says its not her fur, just her paw. She squeals when he tries to touch it. I read that olive oil is a good and safe option. She is also going to the groomer tonight. Should I try the olive oil or something else? Should I leave it to see if the groomer has any luck?

Thanks!!

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not had any experience with duct tape, but the Olive Oil sounds reasonable to try and ease if off the paw. Poor baby:(  If it were me, I would rather try and get it off her paw.  

I would try myself with an edible oil. Have some one else try to distract her with a treat and ease it off.  Good luck, poor baby. I know duct tape can really stick, but I am surprised it hurts so much to pull it off.  must be some of the hair from between the pads involved. Then the groomer and her dexterity with scissors might be better.   

I agree with Suzanne about using peanut butter.  You can use it to take gum out so....  When our Springer had a pain patch attached to his skin and it wouldn't come off like it was supposed to, our vet used ether and it came off lickety split.  If your vet is close you could take her by.

Good to know.  Thanks for the pb tip.

Thanks for the peanutbutter tip!!! 

Thanks for all the advice. It came off with a little tug ( bf was being a wuss). Sadie is fine. No pain

So happy to hear it is off!   Yay:)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service