DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am picking up my beautiful girl this weekend.  I was wondering if anyone has the same kind of back cross?  The picture of her is my profile picture.  Any others have doodles that looked like that as a puppy? (she is 5 weeks in the picture) Thanks!

Views: 7064

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Attachments:
Your pup is just too cute! I am curious if you saw the other puppies in the litter? Did they look like her with the super wavy hair? Or did most have more retriever- like hair? There were 9 pups in my litter, but they all had more of a shaggy look with one having a very straight coat. But no curly coats. it amazes me that you got such a curly coat from a 75% retriever mix!

We picked him up last...there were 8 in the litter and from pictures it looked like slight variation with wave in the fur from pup to pup, although I don't recall any with hair that looked straight per-se. His hair is a little deceptive- it looks curlier in pictures but it's actually just very loose waves. It's so soft and smooth like a golden puppy's fur is, rather than wiry and textured like a poodle. It's grown out to be shaggier than anything and I love that look! I want it to stay that way and probably won't groom him in any severe way aside from the hygiene part and making sure his face is clipped enough so he can see and avoid eye infections. It's so interesting to see how even within litters the puppies can have such different features!

Jessica, she certainly is cute.

My puppy is 75% retriever and 25% poodle. We didn't want a dog that was very curly and realized that she will shed. (And she does) She looks like a minature retriever with straight hair and fine features and she is only 40 lbs. She is the perfect size and temperment for our family. You will love your puppy, I wouldn't trade mine in.

Just revisiting my post. She doesn't only have a "little" scruff, she is very scruffy! She also has long gangly legs and a slim build. I'm thinking she got even more poodle genes than even I was expecting! She does indeed have a golden personality.
Hi , how did your pup turn out , can you post a picture?thanks!

She is VERY cute, her beautiful shaggy coat has loads of personality! What does it matter whether she is 75 percent Poodle or 75 percent Retriever?? She is still a Goldendoodle and it is just a matter of personal preference. IMO i would rather have a lightly shaggy dog than one with the tight curl of the Doodles with more Poodle in them, at least you won't have to clip her! And with a retriever personality will probably be a lovely mellow dog with a bit of the spice of the Poodle...perfect!!

I'm still waiting for her mellowness to show through... LOL 

She has spice, alright! 

No I am exaggerating.  She can be fairly calm and she really is the sweetest... 

She is adorable and has that scruffy look so many of us love.

She is adorable!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service