DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi Everyone,

I just had a quick question and maybe there is someone out there that might know an answer to this. Our puppy is an F1 Goldendoodle and is about 8 1/2 weeks old. We noticed some of her fur darkening a bit around her mouth, ears and back, but we also noticed that her hair is getting a bit thicker around her mouth and little tuffs are poking out around her snout. I was just wondering if this is the starting of facial furnishings or if this is too early to be happening for our little growing girl. I tried looking around to see if there is an age that these start coming in, but I couldn't find any estimates from anyone.

Share your thoughts! Thanks in advance! :)

Views: 2227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am no expert by a long shot but she does look like she will have the facial hair.

My Max had none when we got him really

and look at him now lol

she is a sweetheart either way. :)

Aw! Max is such a cutie!

Sounds perfectly normal to me.  Enjoy the changes.

It could be the beginning of facial furnishings.
I'd be pretty confident that Lacey will doodle out just looking at your pics.
Just the beginning of the many coat changes. Just when you think you have figured out what her coat is doing.....it changes yet again! Enjoy your adorable baby!

Kristen- go to my profile page and look at my pictures. I have a labeled week by week update of Ragley as she grew. I remember being SO eager for her face to grow in and now I look back on those pictures and miss my sweet smooth-faced puppy! It should help give you an idea :)

That's such a good idea to take photos each week. It's neat to see all the changes and when they happened. I will miss her sweet puppy face too!

From your profile pic, she is absolutely going to have a furry face :-)

She'll probably keep surprising you as she grows but she looks to me like she'll doodle out beautifully.  She's so cute --actually the whole litter was adorable!  Finn went from blond to darker apricot highlights to white and back to cream with apricot highlights.  He's almost 4 and I think he's done but who knows :)  (He's a labradoodle)

10 weeks

5 months

2 years

Oh my gosh that first picture of Finn is so similar to Lacey right now. Thank you for your help! He is absolutely adorable!

It is hard to tell at this age.  You may have a better idea 6 - 8 months down the road.  BTW ~ she is a doll!  Welcome to Doodle Kisses!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service