DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi all! I'm just curious if anyone has spent any time around Doodle mixes that aren't as popular on this site? I know there's plenty of great info here for Lab, Golden and Aussiedoodles, but we're considering looking at other options for our second dog. My DH says he can't handle another Labradoodle, he thinks Bernie is too unique and perfect, it wouldn't be fair to LD number two!

I want to stick with Doodles because of my allergies. But don't worry, I know no breed is a sure thing!

Anyhow, I appreciate your collective opinion!

Views: 642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay... here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet and have seen and heard about them only form owners on line - never in person.  They are cute and a larger sized doodle.... the "Shepadoodle"  Sheepdog and poodle mix.  The ones I saw look like little panda bears... just a thought...
I'm definitely looking them up!
While you're looking them up, look up the temperament of sheepdogs. And stock up on training manuals, lol.
I have a wonderful golden doodle that I adore, but I just rescued a poodle mix "little sister" for him, and she is a LOVE too.  After living with her for three weeks now, and having gotten her groomed, the consensus is that she must be a poodle/bichon frise mix.  Even the vet said he couldn't tell the mix.....but then again, that was before she had her makeover.
Cute, cute, cute! That's what we want too, a lil sister for Bernie at some point.
My love of poodle mixes began 30 years ago. We  found a dog in the 70's that was a cockapoo.  We fell in love with her and were as brokenhearted as her owner was elated to get her back.
Awww, that sounds like a storyline to a movie!

Our Maddie is 1/2 Irish Setter (dad) and 1/2 Standard Poodle. She is an amazing girl - goofy, gentle, smart and so loving.

If we were looking to add another doodle we would definitely get another Irish Doodle.

Snickeris is 1/4 Irish Setter, 1/4 golden and 1/2 poodle. We love the mix of traits in him. The biggest difference we see is that he is a runner and jumper which my experience at doodle romps is that GD'S and LD'S aren't huge runners. Our breeder health tested both parents and we got to meet them as well. 
The Irish Doodles look very cute, and the temperament sounds really sweet.
I realize this post is a couple of months old...but I just wanted to brag on my doodle.
We have a Shepadoodle (German Shepherd/Standard Poodle)...everyone always guesses that she's a Labradoodle when we take her out. She def. shows traits from both breeds, which we really like. At times she can seem very GS, like when strangers come over, she's a tad stand offish and very alert until we tell her "it's okay"...but then as soon as she knows people are okay with us, she's all poodle and wants nothing but loving.
She doesn't shed at all, but she's a multigen...our breeder had a litter of F1's on site too, and they did shed a tad bit.
I can't say enough great things about the Shepadoodle and just wanted to share...maybe find another Shepadoodle family on DK :-)
Whoever started the mix could not have made a better match, 2 out of the top 3 most intelligent dog breeds...can't get any better than that ;-)
Very good feedback! Please post more pics on your page when you get a chance, would love to see more of her!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service