DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our gorgeous little man was away with a dog sitter over the weekend and when we got him back on Tuesday I noticed some fleas crawling around on him. 

Took him straight to the vet who confirmed it was fleas and they immediately gave him a Nexguard which should kill the fleas (although it's been 8 hours and I'm still seeing live ones on him despite being told they'll be killed off within 2 hours?)

My main concern now is firstly, making sure all the fleas are killed from his body but also preventing them from spreading in the apartment.

Are there any safe sprays that anyone would recommend we use on the carpets etc? I have washed all sheets, clothing, towels, curtains and will continue to vacuum rigorously for the next 3 months but wondered if anyone knew of any good sprays that are safe for pregnant women to use in the home?

Thanks! 

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For bedbugs? I apologize to anyone whom I inadvertently squick out with this, but it's been 3 years and I'm still totally traumatized by the experience... so if I can help anyone not have this happen to them I feel obligated. We didn't see anything until my sister in law actually pulled the mattress off the box springs. The picture isn't very in focus, you can google for better pictures. But this is what she found: 

And the bites look like this: 

You often see 3 bites in a linear pattern. They call them breakfast, lunch, and dinner bites. I knew what they were as soon as I saw them, early in our stay, but I didn't have any bites and everyone said, no they're mosquito bites so I let it go. I didn't want to be the one insisting that there were bedbugs on vacation. Now I wish I had been more insistent. Needless to say we are more careful now and we're staying at a different place for vacation this year!

Use a flashlight when you look. Take one of those small but powerful keychain ones. You don't need a big, honkin' flashlight.

When you enter the hotel room, set everything in the tub or one the wooden furniture. We never set anything on the floor, even our shoes. Once you check things out you can get your stuff out of the tub and hang it or put it on the luggage rack.  Using the flashlight look at the sheets, untuck a corner and check the mattress. You don't need to tear the room apart.  Hopefully you will see nothing.

There is a bedbug registry that many hotels have registered with - you click on the hotel and it will tell you they have never had bedbugs for example. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service