DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does anyone else's doodle "flip-flop" their ears back repeatedly? I can't tell if it is done on purpose, or by accident. When walking, sitting, playing, laying, you name it, FLOP! She has the ability to "flop" them back down, but most times, opts not too. I find myself "flopping" them down for her more times than not, LOL. Anyone else out there got a "floppy dog"?!

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Same with Guinness....in his case it seems to happen by accident. I usually don't flop them back, because I think it may be good to let the air get inside his ears. Don't know if that's really true, but it seems logical to me. If he's outside playing and dirt could get into the ears, then I do flop them back.
It's actually very beneficial for the ears to be "flopped" back so the air can get in. Dogs with ears that stand up, like German Shepherds, have far fewer problems with ear infections because of the air circulation. Some people with floppy-earred dogs pull them up with a scrunchie occasionally to let the air get in.
I think Sable's ears are flopped up almost more than they're flopped down so hopefully we won't ahve many ear issues!!
I use to put my English Setters' ears in scrunchies to do just that.
Yup I got one of those too...Oliver's right ear is always flopping over and he could care less, so I just re flop it, when I see it...Lol, Cheryl
Yep, Max does this and I love it. Don't you think they looks so cute and silly and adorable.And especially when they smile up at you, I just want to hug & squeeze Max is is so cute!!
It is, quite cute!
This happens quite a bit to Agnes. It seems to not be happening quite as frequently now that she's a bit bigger. It's a funny phenomenon I guess.
Sable is so cute!
thank you =)
Nancy your puppy is adorable! Mine do that all the time
thanks, we think so too!! =)
Abby often wears her one ear inside out. She is a big fan of the fashion. When we go for walks I always flip it back because I dont like it inside out (I am afraid from a distance it will look like she is missing an ear! LOL!!)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service