DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Roxy is 7 months old.  I have had her on Taste of the Wild puppy food. I have to order it though and I really want to support the local pet food store we have.  They gave me several samples plus I bought a bag of Zignature.  I have given Roxy the different samples...the Zignature sample she sniffed it walked away from it and later would come back to eat it.  She gobbled the FROMM brand and the Venture (Earthborn) brands right up!! And of course, she likes the Taste of the Wild. I'm thinking I need to take back the Zignature and exchange it.  Any thoughts or words of wisdom?

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paula,
We have a very large & active group here on DK called The Food Group, where we have lists of recommended food brands and literally hundreds of discussions about every aspect of feeding our dogs. TOTW is not a recommended brand; the others you mentioned are. Keep in mind that within any given brand, there are different lines (some grain-free, some LID, etc) and within any given line, there are are formulas with different proteins & ingredients. So if a dog doesn;t "like" a particular food, rather than changing brands, it makes sense to just try a different formula from within that same line or brand. You also want to look at the macronutrient percentages and type of formula when choosing a new one; is the food grain-free? What is the protein percentage? What is the fat percentage? ETC.
While all of this may seem complicated, we make it easy in The Food Group. Please join us there. 
https://www.doodlekisses.com/group/thefoodgroup

Thank you!  Headed there now.  Sounds like I need to pick one of three. :)

You need to pick a formula, not just a brand.

Start a new discussion in The Food Group, and give me the exact TOTW formula you are feeding. I need the exact name, i.e. Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy, for example. Then we will look at the ingredients and the macronutrient percentages. Assuming the food agrees with your pup, we'll choose a formula within one of the three brands you mentioned that matches the TOTW food from a nutritional standpoint. This way, you avoid digestive upsets.
It's possible that the Fromm or Earthborn formulas you tried would work, but again, I need more than a brand name. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service