DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We give our 20 week old puppy Blue Buffalo Chicken Flavor puppy food. It's ok but he doesn't really love it and is not a big eater at meal time. I want to mix things up a bit and give him different food once in a while. My husband says you are supposed to stick to the same food. Is this true? Can we stick to Blue Buffalo and maybe give a differet flavor or do we always have to give him chicken? This may be a silly question but I'm a beginner at this whole puppy thing!

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh also when do we stop with puppy and move on to dog food???
there are a lot of great foods out there that are all life stages. If the food you're feeding isn't an all life stage food then I think you feed puppy until he's one year. Another thing you can try is adding a little bit of plain low fat yogurt to his food every once in a while. It's really good for them and most dogs enjoy it! :)
That depends in part on the size of the dogs since smaller dogs stop growing earlier. The all life stages foods are good and Fromm's is one of them. I'm happy with it.
Susan, we have a very large and active group here on Doodle Kisses, where we discuss all aspects of feeding our doodles, how to choose a kibble, our recommendations for commercial foods, switching foods, rotation diets, when to switch to adult food, and much much more. We already have discussions there about all of your questions. Please join us.
http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/thefoodgroup
Hey Susan! You should join the Food Group! They have a lot of discussions about this! Our dog Timbow is a little picky and we are feeding Fromm and switching flavors and he's doing great. As Karen points out on the Food Group too, it's good to have another food to feed in case of recalls or bad batches. Join the Food Group! You'll find a lot more help there!! :)
Ok thanks I will join the food group! Just to be clear the answer is yes I can give him different flavors???
Yes. ;-)
Thanks!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service