DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is Dexter. He is 2 years old, weighs 65-70 lbs, and is in danger of being euthanized if DRC cannot find a foster for him ASAP.

His owners have no time to train or exercise him, and no tolerance for the kinds of behaviors you would expect from a big 2 year old doodle puppy who is kept crated 80% of the time, has had no training, and gets no exercise. He has some resource guarding issues and is too rough with the elderly toy Poodle in the home. 

Surely that doesn't warrant him losing his life, but that is what the owners say will happen if we cannot take him. 

DRC is happy to take him, but we have been swamped with rehomes in the past two weeks and we do not have an available foster right now. 

He is currently located in Stroudsburg, PA, on the PA/NJ border. We are looking for a foster home within 5 hours and will assist with transport.

Foster requirements for Dexter: Experienced, savvy dog owner, NO children under 10, fenced yard, and it would probably be best if any current dogs are female and calm. Or maybe huge and assertive, lol.

Please respond here or contact me if you can help us save Dexter's life. 

Views: 2026

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Joani, I will. We have a little time, I'll keep you posted. 

He has such kind eyes.  It's going to take awhile to unwind a dog that has been kept in a crate 80% of the time.  No wonder he's rough on the old poodle!  Geesh, I go to the store and come back and Duffy is bouncing off the walls.

I keep thinking about Dexter and what a wonderful life he will have one day though. 

He looks like a love -- a big goofy love. A second big(ger) assertive male would not work out well with Finn but I hope someone will be able to take him and love him.

I would foster him. I live near Allentown, PA and I am so very close. If he still needs help please let me know. I also have fenced in yard, no children, and a female doodle.

Thanks, Kylee, I just sent you a message. 

Yea!!

OH those eyes!  This poor sweet boy.  I wish I lived closer, I would help in a second.  Sending positive thoughts that someone nearby is able to take him asap. 

Shared on FB. Hope he gets a foster soon, poor boy just needs a bit of guidance.

Stella, I just sent you a message, it's kind of urgent. We can't have it posted on FB in this particular format. 

Karen, Please keep us posted. I have never fostered, but if it is life or death for this Doodle, put me down in line.

Thank you, Laurie. We have enough possibilities that I'm sure we will be able to take him, and I hope that I'll be able to let you know there's a definite plan very soon.

I'm happy to report that DK has come through once again for a doodle in need. Kylee will be meeting Dexter and his owner next weekend and hopefully will be bringing him home as her first DRC foster!!!  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service