DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

DRC got an urgent call from a shelter. A 3 year old doodle was dumped there because their doodle ate a kids sock and had an obstruction. A house filled with kids + they knew their doodle was a sock thief = we can't afford the surgery so please put the doodle to sleep.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

All our foster homes are filled and this girl needs a home where she can recuperate from her surgery. We don't know much about her other than she was great with their kids. Cannot say if she has been socialized with other dogs but for at least awhile she will need to be kept quiet to recoup from the surgery.

Can anyone help get her out of the shelter and give her a place to lay her head, away from shelter germs and madness, in a home with good groceries and love???\

email me at adriannedrc@aol.com

Thank you!!!!!!!

Views: 2996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aw, in that last picture even Gretje is looking at her like "man, you need to eat something". Poor baby.

I feel confident with the proper diet, exercise and love she will be getting from you Chris, she will stop her bad habits and move on to a new and wonderful life.

Thank you for Fostering.

What sweet eyes! I'm so glad she isn't showing any signs of trauma and is starting her new life surrounded by love and comfort. Thank you for stepping up and taking her in.

OMD!! I knew she needed to gain a few pounds but this is just abuse!!!  She needs to add another doodle to her! I am just sick thinking about what her life was before.

Her eyes are filled with such love it is amazing! She looks like she left her former life behind when they removed the sock. 

I know she is in fantastic hands with Chris. Thank you just isn't enough!

OMD! She is really on the verge of malnutrition! Maybe eating that sock was the best thing that could have happened to her, it got her out of a bad situation into a good one!

Thank you, Chris. You are an angel to this sweet doodle and for all of us. Thank you for sharing this rescue story with us.

OMD. This looks like a concentration camp doodle. Shame on the people who had her.

No wonder she ate a sock!  It was probably the only thing around for her to eat.  She looks so sweet!

No kidding!! How can people do this?

I cannot wait to watch her flourish. She has the best nose and her eyes are so soulful, I just love her.

I am so out of touch....I am just see this now and I live 20 minutes from Wheaton!.....I am ashamed that I could have helped and didn't know this poor pup was in need and so close to us.  Chris you are doing a wonderful thing for this little girl....I truly have never seen a dog that thin....blessings to you and your family.

Penny - please try not to be hard on yourself about this. I am sure if you had known you would have gone to get her.  Unfortunately, I am  also sure there will be many more opportunities for all of us to help out a "doodle in need" when the time comes. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service