DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The family that took Grayson is keeping him!  It is bittersweet.  Such a blessing that he ended up with a good family, but so sad that I am losing another member of my family.  It is a relief though and some stress off.  I will miss him, but I will be able to visit him whenever I want. 

The boys' and my home is getting well underway.  I am packing and anxious to get out of "our" home.  Things between my husband and I keep swaying from not so ugly to terribly ugly.  But he is making a real effort with the boys, and I am grateful for that.  I am still terribly depressed at times---I have no energy or motivation...I am hoping a change of scenery helps with that.  My therapist is great and is helping me to see more clearly week by week.  And my boys are doing really well.  We have had a few downs, but they are handling things like real champs.

I just want to thank you all so much.  Through all of this your words of encouragement were so greatly appreciated.  And then all the tips and help with Grayson helped make him the wonderful dog he is now.  I hope the SOMEDAY the boys and I get to a place where we can own another dog----and I am sure a doodle will be a front runner for us.  Thanks again to everyone for all of your support and well wishes!

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love and best wishes, prayers for happier times ahead.
Thanks for your update, and thanks for your kind note.  I hope you and your boys find peace and brighter days ahead.  God's blessings.
You did the right thing Amanda.  I am so glad you had the courage to reach out for help when you needed it.  Best wishes for the future.  It sounds like you are a strong individual and you know what is best for you and your family.  This will serve you well in the coming months.  Hugs.
Wishing a brighter future for all of you! Thanks for the update.
I am so glad that it worked out for you guys.  I have been through your same situation - the roller coaster is miserable and all you want to do is the right thing and for your kids to be happy.  I am counting down the days until my youngest is 18 and I have no more interaction with my ex- only 3162 days left until June 22, 2020 - right around the corner!!  Good Luck!!
Email works wonders!! That and texts. I NEVER talk to mine! That and getting remarried helped a bunch. He has not pulled anything like he used to before I was married.
I am very glad Grayson has a good new beginning. Also, I am happy to hear you have a good therapist to help you accept all the difficulties and work through them. Best wishes for a smooth transition.
Hugs to you and your boys....
Good Luck to you and your boys Amanda, wishing you nothing but the best.
I hope you told Grayson's new family to join DK so we can continue to "raise" him!!  ha ha...I am so glad to hear that things are starting to look up a bit for you.  I feel so sorry for your boys...I went through much the same thing but was in my teens when my father up and left and took all our money too!  Left us with nothing.  I am not sure I ever really healed from it all.  I just know that I knew what I wanted and didn't want in my life and my future husband (that was way back before there were even men in my life or future).  I just know what I didn't want my husband to be like!!  It seems to have paid off after 41 years together so I guess I learned something from my father after all!
You and your boys have certainly been through some incredibly difficult days.  I'm so happy to hear that Grayson has a great new home, and I'm praying for the best for you going forward.
I am so glad you found a home for him, I am praying for you and your family.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service