DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Maggie and I live in Wisconsin, and two days ago the weather was COLD...yesterday, it was 80 degrees and humid...today it is 80 and humid ...she was panting a lot and I am wondering what you all think...should I get her fur buzzed?  What is the guideline for cutting doodle fur??

Thank you!

Debbie

Views: 311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL....YOU go first!

Well it might be soon- my dad and sister keep giving me SUCH a hard time for her still being so long. My dad said she looks like a sheepdog (apparently that's a bad thing) and my sister told me I am "not a true doodle owner" if I don't cut her down for summer (my response was obviously "please define for me what a TRUE doodle owner is like") haha. The typical middle TN summer gets up to a heat index of the low 100's with many days that go into the 110-117 heat index range. I think she will be much happier shorter. Not to mention she LOVES water and she would be much easier to maintain if she was a little shorter. Don't worry- if and when it happens, you will see pictures, good or bad ;)

I did the same thing. I clipped yogi's belly down a couple months ago so I could start getting a feel for the clippers and getting him accustomed to them. Looked ok. Growing back in nicely now.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service