DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello everyone- this is my very first post ever, so I hope I'm doing it in the proper place. My family consists of myself, my hubby (a composer and pianist), my 4 kids (ages 7-13) and our 2 beautiful mini Rex bunnies that we adopted from a shelter 2 years ago. I work as a music teacher during the day, but my hubby stays at home and home schools our youngest 3 (the oldest is in school). Our home is fairly bustling, with lots of friends and family in and out. But we also love to just settle down and watch movies or play games together, too. And of course, there is a ton of music at all times.

I've been wanting a dog since, well, since I was a kid, but have always been told no. However, my husband ( he no man) has finally relented and we have a deposit and are on a few lists for a F1b mini. We're trying to be patient, let the breeder largely guide our decisions, and make the best choice for our family. It's hard!! We are low on both lists, so it's hard to fight that last pick feeling.

Not even sure if I'm asking a question so much as saying hello and wanting to show the pic of our (for now) top choices. There are 2 each from 2 litters. We visit tomorrow and spend time with the most current litter, to see which two puppies are left of the 8, and to also see the 6-week pups who are in the next litter. If we choose from the first, we could take the pup home immediately. If we wait, it will be till January 11 or even early February if we wait for the 3rd litter.

It can feel overwhelming, and I start to feel a lot of pressure to pick the perfect one, but after read several posts here, I'm making myself relax and just enjoy and trust the breeder and

Any tips as we head to the breeders tomorrow are welcome. Our initial desires are a female wavy, not too big, middle of the road temperament so she could play with the kids, but also just chill out and snuggle on the couch. Gender, though, is not a deal breaker, but in general we don't love the super curly pups.

Looking forward to learning more on this awesome site!

Missy

Views: 716

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank You!! Don't lose sleep over deciding on the right pup, it will ALL work out. We also have Oliver who is 21 months old. They are so different, yet I LOVE the Characteristics in BOTH of them. Happy Picking~
Oliver
Attachments:

Handsome Boy!

Congratulations on getting a pup.  The big secret to having a great dog is to really put the time in at the beginning. The kids and the dog will learn correct behavior towards each other. Make sure you join the Puppy Madness group and read as many of the discussions as you can, so you will have a better understanding of normal (but annoying) puppy behaviors and phases.

I'll go search out that group right now!

Help!! We're leaving soon to go see the puppies. The breeder just called us and said the 2 that are left are the male, wavy blonde gentle giant (who she is guessing will grow to the size of a large cocker spaniel?) and who we are calling the Prom Queen. The only "problem" is that the Prom Queen just yesterday started showing signs of tear staining. I don't know much about this, but I'm just kind of neurotic and wanted anyone's input. Is this strictly an aesthetic issue, and how troublesome is it. The breeder is puzzled because this is not in her parents or grandparents' lines, and it wasn't evident when they went to the vet last week. So she's not sure what is going on, but she wanted me to know. 

The single pic is of the Prom Queen and in the collage, the giant is the bottom right. She says they are both absolutely sweet in their temperaments, and the big guy is one to hang back while his more outspoken siblings demand attention.

Thank you so much for any help. We're on our way and should get to the farm by around 12:30! Oh, and I can also move on to the next litter (and we're seeing those pups, too)

Missy

Attachments:

They are both adorable! I don't know anything about tear staining, but good luck with your puppy choice. 

Our yogi was the biggest of the liter(which is what we wanted. He's a mini and will be 35-38# per our breeder. He's 19# now at 4 months. It was perfect for us, I also think you would like the "chilled" dog with your small children. Good luck!
I Like the one on the bottom right, but then again, I like Larger dogs!! Let us know your decision.....EXCITING!

We picked the big boy after all!!!

Attachments:
Yay! Like the big boy!
Congrats and merry Christmas

I think you will love your big boy. Our Vern is 100 pounds and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but then again, I wouldn't trade our Fudge either. LOL He is a gorgeous pup!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service