DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Getting a puppy this weekend. (Yay!) He looks so different from my 2 year old doodle. Any input?

Hi everyone!

We've had Lacey about 2.5 years now and she is just the goofiest, prettiest, smartest, and funniest dog we've met.

Now that my youngest in in kindergarten and I'm home all day with no kids we decided to get another Goldendoodle. There are not many local so I found a breeder a few hours away. She has 2 females and 1 male and they're in her home. I really liked that. We pick him up this weekend!

He is f1b ,75%poodle 25 retriever I guess? Our Lacey is 50/50. Anyone have any guesses what this little guys coat will be like grown up? I know most f1b are curlier as adults but he looks a lot straighter than the others in his litter. He is the last one available but she said he's very sweet and docile compared to the others. That's just how our Lacey was! She was the last one and very shy. And she's turned out to be awesome. He is a little older as he's the last one out of a litter of 12 I think.

Here is the picture she sent me of him recently.

Anyone have a pup that looked similar that has an adult pic? My kids want to name him shaggy but I'm hesitant if he will end up curly! Lol

Thanks in advance!!!

Views: 851

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG, what an adorable arm full of doodle.

Thanks!! We go meet him Sunday:)

Oh my gosh he's one big ball of cuteness! Congrats!  I really have no idea how these doodles turn out but here's a shot of  my friend's golden doodle that had a wuzzy coat like this as a pup.  Your doodle boy may surprise you though and turn out to have a curlier fleece because he's an f1b

It's hard to tell as this photo does not have much detail but he certainly looks like a big handful of cuteness

I would say you have some wool going on in his coat.  

I have an f1b and his coat was super curly at 8.5 weeks, then it tamed, and his adult coat is tight curls.  My doodle has mixed coat.  Fleece curls on his tail, head, legs, ears and his trunk is wooly.   For me, the wooly coat, unbrushed, is easily managed compared to the curly fleece areas which need brushing.  

My page has 5.5 years of photos  for you to  look through but these dogs all end up different  and it is hard to compare

Thanks for the reply! I just looked at Spud's pictures and he is very cute!! What a perfect name too. The puppy is 12-13 weeks old in this picture I think. The breeder said his puppy coat is starting to change a bit. She thinks he will be a "tight wave". But I'm not sure what theta means. She said one of her females is a curl and one shaggy/loose wave. And she thinks he will be in between. But I don't know if that means light curl,or what. Lol

It doesnt seem as curly as Spud's coat at all. Wooly in areas, but not these tight curls.  Brushing makes all the difference in the world in the f1b in looks.  At least for us.  That's the fun of these dogs- the coat is always changing.   

Have fun!  :)

8.5 weeks. Spud's first picture.  Already curly curly

Spud2

completely brushed out at the same age as your pup.

Now, I really dont brush. Not his wooly coat areas or he looks like a giant Bichon. I hate the look and it seems to make him mat even easier.  I will comb though.   I let then stay in tight curls and go through them one by one .  Its a different coat and one I have grown to actually love once I realized how to take care of his coat   

Trot

LUCKY YOU~!  Congratulations!!!

See I don't mind the curls at all! But I imagine grooming would be trickier! Wow you're so right!! What a difference just brushing makes!!! I love Spuds coloring too:) thanks again!!

Spud, you are too cute!

Joanne, the pic of you and Spud is adorable!!

Beautiful, beautiful Spud!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service