DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Goldendoodle breeder recommendations for Northern Arkansas or southern Missouri

Hi everyone, we are ready to take the plunge and welcome a doodle into our home. I would much rather drive to pick-up than put a baby on a plane, so am looking at breeders within a few hours of us, we are in north central arkansas. Not to mention, I want to visit the babies before making a decision. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a breeder in this area? I heve found a few online, but rather have nonconnected opinions. Thank you.
Brenda

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't get my doodle anywhere near you so I can't give you specific recommendations, but here are some suggestions to aid you in your search:

1) Read this article on "What To Look for In a Breeder" in order to ensure you are supporting a responsible person

2) Consider rescuing a doodle...and check out IDOG.biz or www.petfinder.com for 'standard poodle' in your area.

3) In the first article there are links to our puppies for sales groups here on Doodle Kisses as well as to our Owner Recommended Breeder group where owners recommend their breeders.

4) Finally check these two sites for listings near you:

http://www.goldendoodle-labradoodle.org/Goldendoodle_Labradoodle_Pr...

http://www.goldendoodles.com/breeders.htm
Hi Brenda,
I live in the kansas city metro area and got a labradoodle not goldendoodle in january. I have to tell you I searched all over the same area and talked to several people, but could not find a breeder I had a real connection (geez, sounds like internet dating) with, or that I felt good about. I ended up extending my reach and got my labradoodle (who looks exactly like a goldendoodle because of his color) at Arborgate Labradoodles in Indiana. After talking with Gina and getting to know her and her family, I was smitten. Because of the weather, we considered driving to meet halfway, but in the end, I did the airline thing. It really was no big deal and the outcome was great. Good Luck
Hi Brenda, our breeder is Teri Fann who lives just south of Nashville. She is wonderful!!! Her website is www.goldens-n-doodles.com. She has just sold all pups from 4 litters, so I'm not sure when she'll have more pups. We are driving 12 hours to pick ours up, because while I know that breeders don't seem to have issues with flying them, I am uncomfortable with it. Plus, it's a lot more expensive that way. She also has a group on this website, if you're interested. If the timing isn't right, I'm sure she could recommend a breeder for you. Good luck!
Hi Brenda, I am going to echo a bit of what Michele told you. We are getting our pup from Teri Fann of Goldens-n-Doodles, also. Michele has two dogs that she and her husband are getting from the oldest of the recent 4 litters (all born in April) and we are getting a pup from the youngest of the four litters.

We live in St. Louis and our drive is about 5.5 hrs. to Nashville. I think if you talk with Teri and visit/scour her website you will be extremely please with what you find and learn. Teri's site will tell you that she is planning a litter of mini F1B goldendoodles to be born this summer. I don't know what plans she has after that.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Both Michele and I, and others on this site would love to brag about Teri, her husband Michael and their dogs. Good luck with your doodle search! Betsy

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service