DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

HI! So I'm sitting here looking over and over at my doodle's picture. I can't help but wonder what type of coat he's going to have. I've read that they do have several coat changes during their growth so it's hard to tell. Would you consider him a curly or shaggy doodle? Does anyone have a doodle that looked like mine as a pup? I've seen a few doodle?

Photobucket

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He has enough wave at this early stage that he could easily end up curly. Shedding...you'll have to wait and see but I vote for curly.
He's curlier than Yankee was when he was a pup so I also think curly.
Looks to me like he may end up curly coated. But I am not sure...as I am new to the doodle world too. I dont think your dog will be a shedder. The ones I have observed on this site that say their dogs shed seem to have almost a bit of a wiry coat and quite straight. And just cruising DK I think shedding is less common on the goldendoodles than the labradoodles....just my personal observation here.
I say curly, too.
I say wavy. Looks as though I am the only one for this vote. You just never know. My dog was extremely curly at 8 weeks. Now at 5 months he has a spiral curl, and not so much a tight pin. We say he has Rastafarian Hair
I hope he is wavy! I didn't want a tight curly doodle.
I hope not as tight as a poodle! heheh. I wanted wavy doodle :D
I still say wavy not curly and I am sticking that decision.

In one year lets meet back here and see what happens. By then his coat will have changed at least 4 times. LOL These dogs keep things interesting in ALL aspects of our lives.
Sounds like a plan ;)
My guess is fairly curly - not poodle curl, but curls not waves. Only a guess!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service