DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

There's the sweetest goldendoodle in NJ that has a foreign object in its body. The owners are going to put the sweet dog to sleep unless anyone would like to assume ownership and pay for the surgery.

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How sad. Contact DRC please.

And people still continue to ask if they really need to get pet insurance. 

Michelle, is there a link anywhere to the information? I'm assuming you saw this on FB? 

What is the foreign object?

Yes, please send us a link or something or reach out and tell them to contact DRC.

I would be willing to help if DRC needed donations.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that DRc will be able to help. 

It sounds like this dog needs surgery NOW, there is a blockage/obstruction or worse, and there is going to be a recovery period and a good chance of permanent GI damage/disease. There is nowhere near enough time for DRC to communicate with all parties, review the vet records, get paperwork signed, and find a foster who is willing and able to take a very sick dog through a recovery period, even if the minimum $3000-4000 that the surgery will cost was available. Chances are also good that the dog may be unadoptable even after recovery, due to GI disease and ongoing care, which is very expensive and time-consuming, trust me on that one. . 

If the owner were saying, "Please help me, we love our dog and can't lose her", we know we could easily raise the funds right here on DK. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

We really need more details.

Do you have a link? 

Yes, a link would be wonderful. Poor doodle :( 

Oh my goodness....this breaks my heart. 

It appears that the puppy is now safe with a rescue group who stepped up and paid for his surgery. He had eaten underwear, and this was the second time he needed surgery to remove a foreign body...and he is only 5 months old!!!!!

Needless to say, the rescue is being very picky about who gets him, since it is doubtful he would survive a third surgery, there were doubts that he would survive this one. They are looking for a home with no children, for that reason. 

Here's the info; it has to be the same dog: http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/10938429-freehold-new-jersey-goldendoo...

Thank you for the update, Karen!  This was heartbreaking.......and thank you Michelle for posting in the first place! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service