DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I joined your group to gather information on doodles. I am leaning toward an F1B Goldendoodle. The breeders all say non-shedding even on first generation doodles. Would you please tell me your generation and if they shed and how much? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bella is an almost 2 year old F1 goldendoodle. The breeder set up a site for all the litter owners & when asked if their dog shed, there was about a 50-50 yes-no mix! Bella does to the point that no hair comes offf on our clothing or furnitiure, but we get a fair amount when we brush her. I notice it more on the floors, black dog, light floors...so I mop a lot :) And of course when she is groomed short, no shed...when her coat is long...more shed.

I have a 2 yr old f2 goldendoodle (both parents are goldendoodles) who has a tight, curly coat and a 7 month old f? (mother was f1b 75% poodle and dad was f1b 75% golden retriever so she is 50/50) who has a looser curly coat.  Neither of these dogs shed noticably.  I do get hair in the brush when I brush them (of course, there is hair in my hair brush) and I find small doodle tumbleweeds in corners and under couches.  To me they are "non shedders"  (almost 16 yrs with a golden/collie and a shepherd mix puts shedding in perspective) but they probably do shed so I call them non to low shedding.

My parents have an f1 low shedder (they do find blond fuzzy hair on the dark blue area rug), and an f1 mini who sheds a little more but still not much.  My sister has an f1 who is also what we consider a non to low shedder.  My mom & sister keep their dogs' hair quite short so they really don't notice shedding.

Sunny is a multi generation australian labradoodle, She sheds a tiny bit when she scratches, and it comes out in clumps. She doesn't leave fur on furniture or clothes though. She has a fleece coat.

This might be helpful to you.  It is the stats ONE breeder has gathered from the puppies they've sold:

http://mustardseeddoodles.com/allergies_and_shedding

ooh that is interesting...and I spent 10 min fantasizing about a standard f1b puppy :-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service