DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Im getting black goldendoodle soon. I have been told her coat may change in color by the time shes one or so because her dad is a "Blue" poodle.

Do any of you have a doodle with this in the pedigree? If so would like to see pics of what minie may look like in color.

Views: 3434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brownish cast all over or certain areas?

I think it varies. You see it the most on the ears and on the edges of the fur when the light hits it.

Yes that's how Zoe's fur was!

Here are some of Lucy's brown tips.  We were sad when that first haircut cut them off.  They were so pretty.

They are all adorable. I think the black Doodles are gorgeous. Our Fudge was a deep chocolate brown as a puppy and is now a silvery brown.  I love the uniqueness of her coloring.

They are all little beauties!  It looks like you can't go wrong!  Cocoa was a very dark brown when she was a young pup- now she has cafe highlights and some white hairs scattered on her back.  I've noticed that the apricot/red doodles tend to fade also.

Will the skin of a blue have a blue hue? Charli was born very black, has gotten lighter and now is looking like she might be turning a little gray. She does have lots of kemp but what is dark seems to be getting lighter. Her skin has always had a blue hue to it, never flesh colored.
For those that dont know _ Charli is from a puppy mill so I have no idea what her parents are.

If she was blue, she would have cleared by now. A lot of blacks just get grey hair as they get older, like people; some earlier than others. And a lot of blacks fade as they get older.

Blacks and blues both have dark skin, not flesh colored. Blacks from show lines will have darker skin than blues, but it is a bluish black. Blacks from show lines are jet black and stay that way, but most black poodles do fade and get greyer, especially around the face as they age.

WOW very intersting... I think my Oliver is a blue based on what is being said here... he was 2 in June and around his mouth has faded to a light gray and when I groom him the hair that is close to his skin is a dark, dark gray.  His skin is like a light blue color.  I wish I had a good picture of him to show this :(

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service